Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Problem (Limerick City - Northside Area)

• 26-08-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Is there anybody else on the Northside of Limerick or anywhere in Limerick experiencing problems with their eircom broadband the last two nights and today?

I have had a box for about 4 years now and never had a problem, but two nights ago it started getting very slow. I turned on and off the box and it picked up again for about ten minutes. Since then though we have had no internet at all. Tried leaving the box off all night and re-setting it to see if it would help but nothing. Rang eircom and they did the usual tests and still no solution. They said they will send out a technician but it will be next week till he gets out and that there could be a small fee if the problem is on our side of things. Any help would be appreciated or any info on similar problems in the Limerick area.

Cheers,

JOF.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Mine is crazy slow at the moment - it's been like that all evening, might be a country-wide problem coz I'm in Dublin, not in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Its very weird. When i put the direct line into the box it shows a green light for the internet but none of the laptops/computers/phones seem to be able to use broadband even though it shows the box is available on the devices. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Could it be Eircom's DNS Servers again?? If it's just browsing that's slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Could it be Eircom's DNS Servers again?? If it's just browsing that's slow

Was browsing that was slow in the beginning but now it won't even connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laivasse

It could be related to upgrades with regards to Next Generation Broadband. AFAIK Eircom are in a rush, fiddling with numerous exchanges around the country with the aim of getting lots of customers moved onto their 'NGB' packages before the end of September. I'm in Offaly and had been experiencing dreadful slow speeds for most of last week (but they seem to have now returned to normal), and I've heard from someone else in town with the same issue. I know it wasn't a DNS issue since I use OpenDNS' servers.

Perhaps similar work is causing similar degradation in quality of service in Dublin, Limerick, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

And it's still mental slow this evening as well. Even loading boards is painful.

Advertisement