Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XC MTB'ers in Kilkenny...

• 26-08-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Are there any others out there, I split my time between Kilkenny and Dublin but all my biking mates are Dublin based.

Wondering if there are any others about for evening training type spins, nothing major. I know there is very limited XC in/near the city but this is the route I make do with normally HERE or a variation there of.

Be great to here if there was anyone interested in heading out the odd evening.

Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I'm a keen MTB cyclists i.e. I'm keen to do it. :D

Seriously there is some noise been made about it on the Club's FB page (Marble City Cyclers), I think they are arranging a trip to Limerick (Ballyhouras?) on Saturday week or something like that.

A certain Jim F does a bit of MTB but I think he is more into downhill adrenalin stuff. Himself and a few other KK lads go down to some forest near Clonmel. Do you want me to PM his contact details?

I'll let you know if I ever get around to buying a MTB!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Cheers for that,

I know Jimmy alright, I heard something about a Marble City Cyclers trip to Ballyhoura but never really followed it up as to if it was to go ahead or not?

I use the mid week / evening spins just for fitness more than anything and head towards Wicklow direction at weekends providing I'm not kayaking.

You should head along to that Ballyhoura trip if you can (all Ireland weekend and all) Its possible to rent bikes and the like ( see my bottom signature ). And sure if you ever want to take a spin along the river trail along the Nore let me know.

Cheers,

Adrian

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'd be interested, I just need to do a couple of jobs on the bike as it's currently fubar.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

That would be great Havoc, is the bike in bits?

Once your up and running let me know and we can head for a spin. Be a nice change from the roads for ya and possible even a bit safer once the evenings get a bit darker.

Adrian

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That would be great Havoc, is the bike in bits?

Once your up and running let me know and we can head for a spin. Be a nice change from the roads for ya and possible even a bit safer once the evenings get a bit darker.

Adrian

Nah, new cassette and chain, it's been on it four years. I need to get a decent light as I broke mine but that'll have to wait until October as I think I broke some kind of world record in spening an entire months wages this month (1 day).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

No need for the lights just yet, so once you have the drive train sorted let me know.

A

Advertisement