Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

community and youth course part time

• 26-08-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

looking to a course something like above part time, work full time and want to move into this area. maynooth do this course part time over four years but im just wondering if anyone knows of any course like this but maybe over 1 or 2 years. i want to see how i get and manage with it, as my job is busy and have a baby. any help would be much appreciated. i have checked lots of courses. also im in laois so cork kerry etc would not suit..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The Maynooth p/t course in YCW that you're talking about is a degree course.

You will get part-time courses over 1 - 2 years, and there won't be a damn thing wrong with them, but they will not take you to degree level ... think about it, a degree takes 3 years minimum full-time, you're not going to get a part-time option which takes less time than the full-time option.

So if you mean a shorter part-time course in the same area, sure ... but just be aware that it won't give you a professional qualification at the end of it (though you may be able to progress on and carry your credits from the shorter course with you).

Maynooth itself offers a range of short courses (NUI Certificates) in areas such as Addiction Studies, Psychology, Counselling, etc., all of which would be pretty relevant and carry credits into the part-time BA in Community Studies certainly, not sure if they can be transferred into the BA(CYW), which is the one you were looking at. Many of these are offered on an outreach basis, and there may be one nearer you than Maynooth campus ... see here for info.

Other colleges have options too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jacinta12

thks so much for your reply. yep you make sense alright.. will check out other courses as im too late for the one maynooth this year and see how i manage.. thks again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You're very welcome! :)

Advertisement