Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold - Dublin Date 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Shiit, not a lot on of info there at all, Venue (I'd say Olympia)

Presume also it'll be Oct 24th, 2 days before the Euro tour starts in Glasgow,

Afraid Stone Sour DEFINATELY won't be here with them as per UK dates as SS have dates either side of UK leg already confirmed

EDIT: Olympia's out as fully booked for 2 weeks either side of there UK tour

For the love of the rock gods, Please NOT The Point!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Could be Tripod, MCD has been using that venue a lot more lately. And I'd way prefer Tripod to the Olympia.

Don't know much Avenged Sevenfold but if Mike Portnoy is going to be there I'll definitely consider this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

scudzilla wrote: »

EDIT: Olympia's out as fully booked for 2 weeks either side of there UK tour

For the love of the rock gods, Please NOT The Point!!!!!

How do ya know the Olympia's booked out? :O

I'm guessing the 9th-12th as probable...before they fly off to paris and the rest of europe.

How do ya know the Olympia's booked out? :O

I'm guessing the 9th-12th as probable...before they fly off to paris and the rest of europe.
    Just go to ticketbastard and type in Olympia, all shows and dates come up. Pretty full line up

November 8th is free. If they choose the Olympia that looks to be the only available date.

• Advertisement

Just go to ticketbastard and type in Olympia, all shows and dates come up. Pretty full line up

ahh...tripod it is i guess!
    edit: wait..seems all gigs in tripod currently on ticketmaster say "over 18s" on them..surely this would kill possible sales for a7x?
    unless they did the 8th in the olympia..and if that sold out..an over 18s show in tripod...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 synyster

has there been anything official yet on where or when they are playing

if Stone Sour are not supporting who may be supporting them...? any ideas...?

synyster wrote: »
    has there been anything official yet on where or when they are playing

if Stone Sour are not supporting who may be supporting them...? any ideas...?

Stone Sour will NOT be supporting them as they have there own Euro dates 2 days either side of the UK tour

Sickened now..!
    i wonder who else may support

Sickened now..!
    i wonder who else may support

But aint it better that ya know now rather than falsely belive that they'll be added at some point. ;);)

• Advertisement

yea :rolleyes: i guess thats true
    but that little bit of belief i had the last day or two was GREAT
    so want to see both bands again
    just would of been perfect if it was the one gig :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nice one , would love if SS came over but as said they seem to have dates booked already. Id presume they will play Tripod

yea :rolleyes: i guess thats true
    but that little bit of belief i had the last day or two was GREAT
    so want to see both bands again
    just would of been perfect if it was the one gig :cool:

off to england you go then :P

im thinking it might be the same support as the stone sour/a7x tour...(presuming there's a support band there as theyre co-headlining...)

I suppose time will tell then..!

just annoying not knowing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eugh, I don't like these guys (bar one or two songs). But Mike Portnoy...in dublin...but I don't have money. Please say the Point so it won't sell out and I can tickets very late.

Mushy wrote: »
    Eugh, I don't like these guys (bar one or two songs). But Mike Portnoy...in dublin...but I don't have money. Please say the Point so it won't sell out and I can tickets very late.

i dont see it being the point at all.
    many of the uk dates are small venues, about 3/4k capcity.
    and thats with stone sour.

last time avenged played ireland it was the ambassador...1200 capcity....they're not gonna get the o2 by now (15k capacity)..i just don't see it happening. (Especially when someone like 30stm only got 4.5k sold...and promotors probaly barely broke even on that gig...)

last time avenged played ireland it was the ambassador...1200 capcity....they're not gonna get the o2 by now (15k capacity)..i just don't see it happening. (Especially when someone like 30stm only got 4.5k sold...and promotors probaly barely broke even on that gig...)

I still maintain gigs are put on in there to pay off the venue asap. I'm more hoping this one cos I won't have the money anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

I really want to goooo:(
    I hate the Leaving Cert, my mam wont let me outside the house for the year.
    At least i got to see them last year with Tallica.

Which leads me to believe that Ax7 MAY have a contract on gigs wit Aiken (Support doesn't count) so that would mean Vicar Street.

Anybody have any idea who promoted the gig last time, if it was Aiken then this one will be Vicar Street

But Aiken never did Ambassador gigs. I'm sure this will be an MCD one.

Wouldn't be The O2... far too big.

• Advertisement

But Aiken never did Ambassador gigs. I'm sure this will be an MCD one.

Wouldn't be The O2... far too big.

You sure about that, they have Aslan and they played the Ambassador.

I think towards the last 12 months of Ambassadors gig days it was solely MCD, which led to it's disuse as a gig venue as they couldn't survive without Aiken on board too.

I heard there was a fallout between the venue and Aiken

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Ambassador was MCD only. In the days of the ban on MCD (which is longer than 12 months ago) here talking about any gig in that venue was off limits.

MCD promoted the last Avenged Sevenfold gig here

They must not be bringing the stage setup from American tour over given the venue sizes. Looks very impressive.

You sure about that, they have Aslan and they played the Ambassador.

I can't recall Aiken ever using the Ambassador, likewise I can't recall MCD ever using Vicar Street.

Aslan was probably under MCD's wing if they played the Ambassador. Or Raglane... they're another promoter that uses MCD venues.

There playing the Olympia on the 8th of Nov with tickets onsale friday

€39.20

Oh and the picture they are using on ticketmaster is the Stone Sour/A7X and since Stone Sour dont have anothe show till the 9th its possible :)

you seen this on ticketmaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

There playing the Olympia on the 8th of Nov with tickets onsale friday

€39.20

Oh and the picture they are using on ticketmaster is the Stone Sour/A7X and since Stone Sour dont have anothe show till the 9th its possible :)
    Aye, may have to go see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

+1 there :)

Was just on the MCD site and one of the headings they had said Stone Sour were supporting A7X :) . Although i remember they also said Black Stone Cherry were supporting Lynyrd Skynard months ago but never did.

If people no how to upload a print screen i can upload it , just incase they take it down

• Advertisement

I honestly can't see Stone Sour playing this gig, if they did there dates would be

Nov 6th Plymouth Pavillion
    Nov 7th Brighton Centre
    Nov 8th Dublin Olympia
    Nov 9th Tilburg, Netherlands

That would be a logistical nightmare, getting all the gear from Brighton, down on the South Coast of England, to Dublin, then get out of Dublin at maybe 1am (gear loaded) and be in Holland for maybe 3pm to load in for that nights gig

It just aint gonna happen

They'll play Brighton then get Dover-Calais ferry to Holland and have on off day

MCD up to there old tricks me thinks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement