Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shih tzu pup

Options
  • 26-08-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm a little worried about our little shih tzu. She's 7 months old and for the last 3 or 4 days, she has been very quiet. I mean, not as jumpy and frisky as she usually is. She's not barking and just lies there most of the time looking for someone to rub her. She is eating all that is put in front of her. Because of this i won't bring her to vet just yet. Just wondering if anyone knows what's up with her. Thanks.
    Btw she's a full breed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi all. I'm a little worried about our little shih tzu. She's 7 months old and for the last 3 or 4 days, she has been very quiet. I mean, not as jumpy and frisky as she usually is. She's not barking and just lies there most of the time looking for someone to rub her. She is eating all that is put in front of her. Because of this i won't bring her to vet just yet. Just wondering if anyone knows what's up with her. Thanks.
    Btw she's a full breed.

Has she been going to the toilet as normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Yes cocker. Like clockwork.
    Could this be a (heat) thing? or is she too young?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

She could well be coming into heat at that age actually. Have you seen any blood or anything around the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

it could be a heat thing.... is she going to the toilet etc as normal, she just seems a little down, then maybe

1) she could be starting her first heat
    2) maybe she just feels a little under the weather...

I would keep an eye on her, if at any stage she stops going to the toilet or there's any sort of bllod involved the get her to the vet!

Try reducing her treats for a day of two and only give her dog food NO human food, processed human food can play havoc with puppies systems ;)...maybe give her boiled chicken (if you can) or somthing very easy on her stomach... hopefully in a few days she will perk up a a bit :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks for the replies. I'll try that with her food. In relation to the blood thing. She has always licked herself a lot, so i would say that any spotting is cleaned before it gets out. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement