Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

in arts if im doing like economics and geography?

what do people do when there is like a 3 hr break between lectures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Most courses have 15 to 20 hours a week between lectures and tutorials

In terms of what to do during a 3 hour break

Go to the library if your a good student.

Go to the pub for a few.;)

Go home if you live on or near campus.

Go to the gym for awhile.

Walk around campus like you've nothing to do. try and find something/someone interesting to talk about or laugh about like the UCD homeless guy( ah no he's a nice guy really).

Go get something to eat. Spend a while deciding where to go and the quickest way to get there, then walk there as slowly as you can possibly doing my previous sugestion along the way. Spend two hours eating then walk back to lectures slowly.

Stand outside the library looking like you have rakes of work to do and in a panic about it, when really all you have to do is a ten question MCQ in the material covered in the last lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

already in a gym but like might join ucd gym as well doesnt appear to be too expensive like and would be something to do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I had a 3 hour break last year. I planned to be productive and study, or go to the gym, in reality though, I'd usually just end up doing nothing with friends for the break, or head into town for a while.

in first year would you have to do like loads of study to do well?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

if you are joining the gym join in the first few weeks as they generally have nine month offers which are really cheap. Keep an eye out of people handing out fliers for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

in first year would you have to do like loads of study to do well?

To do well yes you do need to do a lot of study :eek:
    If you want to just pass do the minimum and you will. First year does not count towards your degree.

I assumed you were a troll from previous posts know I don't know what to think.

yeah sis is in arts as well she told me that like first yr doesnt go towards degree but like obviously if i put more work in in first yr there will be like less catching up to do in 2nd yr or does it not like work like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

yeah sis is in arts as well she told me that like first yr doesnt go towards degree but like obviously if i put more work in in first yr there will be like less catching up to do in 2nd yr or does it not like work like that?

You wont have to specificaly catch up,

As in if you pass a subject you never have to do it again.

However, knowledge of your first year subjects will be required for many of your second year subjects i.e. they will build on the material in first year and assume you know it.

Second year will be easier the better you do in first.

Think of first year as fundamentals, and second as applying those fundamentals and expanding on them.

The better you do, well the easier for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

The flier game.
    Start at one side of the UCD campus and your goal is to make your way to the other side of campus and not get offered a flier. You get offered a flier, you lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

JonB wrote: »
    The flier game.
    Start at one side of the UCD campus and your goal is to make your way to the other side of campus and not get offered a flier. You get offered a flier, you lose.

so playing that. even though I missed them after they had stopped...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Isnt arts about 9-10 hours a week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Closer to 15 hours I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I think I may have between 25 and 30 hours a week this semester, not 100% sure. It's all fun, fun, fun anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

In third year it is with certain subject combinations- English and Economics for instance is about that even less in some cases.

In second and third year its closer to 15 yes.

Advertisement