Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest way to do a weeks skiing at Christmas?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

From: "TGV Europe.com" <others@serviceclient.tgv-europe.com>

Re: Trains not available for booking

Hello Mrs Gormley,
    The timetable for trains for the Paris/Modane is currently being drawn up.
    For this reason, the train is currently unavailable for booking via any
    SNCF sales channel:
    SNCF is doing everything in its power to ensure that you can plan your
    journey and book your train ticket as soon as possible.
    Please consult our site regularly to check availability.
    Regards,

--
    Ludivine THILIAREL

The train WILL be available. Though I was about to start panicking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Okay, my nerve broke. I booked an evening train to Chambery, a hotel for the night there, and a morning train from Chambery to Modane which gets in at 9.15am.

Coming back, there's a choice between a direct train from Modane to Paris which leaves Modane at 19.20 and gets in at eleven so you can get a hotel in Paris. Or you can get an indirect train to Paris, which changes at Chambery or Chambery and Aix-les-bains. The last leg on those journeys is a sleeper train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Going there I booked a hotel in Paris for the night and am then getting the first train to Modane, wish I had have booked the train to Chambery though, oh well.

On the way home I'm thinking of skiing on the Saturday, getting a hotel in Modane on the Saturday night, getting an early train back to Paris and flying home on Sunday evening.

Advertisement