Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utrecht v Celtic 2nd Leg 19.30

• 26-08-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Massive night for Celtic and Scottish Football, progress to the group stage is a must. FYI the second half is live on Setanta Ireland first half on Setanta 1.

2-1 Celtic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Badabing wrote: »
    Massive night for Celtic and Scottish Football, progress to the group stage is a must. FYI the second half is live on Setanta Ireland first half on Setanta 1.

2-1 Celtic.

Huge night for Scottish football, they are already likely to lose their automatic spot in the group stages from next season and if Celtic get knocked out they will probably lose 15th spot which means only one team in the Champions League.

Motherwell against Odense is a huge game as Denmark look comfortable in 12th spot (automatic group stages). Also if Dundee United can get past AEK Athens it would be a massive boost to the co-efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Totally agree Motherwell getting tru would be great for the League and as for Dundee Utd the fact there will be no Aek fans in the stadium could balance up things in their favour.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Would like to see all the Scottish clubs progressing. Want Rangers to win CL also. Actually, scrap that 2nd bit. ;)

For tonight, Ledley is a must at left-back again.

I think Utrecht will be much stonger tonight than last week, we'll have to be careful not to concede the usual early goal. An away goal for us and I'll settle down for the night, but at 2-0 in our favour, anything still can happen.

My prediction is 3-1 Utrecht and a big "phew". :) I think we can get a goal if Kayal, Juarez and Sammy play like they did last week. Defence still a bit up in the air although I did like the look of Dan last week.

Skin of Teeth CSC

Badabing wrote: »
    Totally agree Motherwell getting tru would be great for the League and as for Dundee Utd the fact there will be no Aek fans in the stadium could balance up things in their favour.

Anderlecht getting knocked out of the Champions league was a big plus. Scotland need to preform better than, Denmark Romania, Belgium and Switzerland this year. If either Motherwell or Dundee Utd get through it will lower the burden on both Rangers and Celtic to get co-efficient pts.

Celtic should really only need one away goal, I reckon they'll scrap through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Beltin down rain over there. Pitch inspection. It may not go ahead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Beltin down rain over there. Pitch inspection. It may not go ahead
    Heard that was the case. Would be a shame for the game to not go ahead. Can see this being a draw, despite me betting on different.

Also does anyone know if setanta Ireland are definitely showing the second half? I know it says in the OP it is, but the match is live on Setanta 1 so thought it could be a mistake with Setanta Ireland showing the entire Liverpool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

As I said in the Celtic thread I hope they finish the job tonight and get into the group stages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

WHile i wont exactly be cheering for Celtic, i do want to see all three teams do well tonight.

Best of luck lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Also does anyone know if setanta Ireland are definitely showing the second half? I know it says in the OP it is, but the match is live on Setanta 1 so thought it could be a mistake with Setanta Ireland showing the entire Liverpool game.
    Just checked the guide, Setanta Ireland are definately showing the second half. Liverpool game's KO is an hour earlier so will be over in time to show it (barring extra time of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Massive game for us tonight.

Need to keep it tight at the back and try to get an away goal.

As stated earlier, Ledley has to start at left full instead of Mulgrew. We've done very well in our last few outings but our travels in Europe speak for themselves. In saying that any of our away results from last season would be enough to see us through tonight.

C'mon the Hoops.

flagwaver.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Celtic seem to be getting better by the game so a cancellation might not be the worst outcome. That said I've been looking forward to this all week! :D

Sorry for the off-topic but I see Rangers got Valencia, Man Utd and Bursaspor - Can't believe I'll be rooting for them this time but we need to keep our European places :) I'd fancy them against Valencia and Bursaspor. I hope Dundee Utd can pull something off in their 'home' ground over in Athens

AEK 1-0 - Papa Boupa Diop

Bad start for Celtic!!! 1-0 Utrecht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

anyone got a working stream?cheers

F****** ref :mad:

flas wrote: »
    anyone got a working stream?cheers

http://iraqgoals.net/11991-fc-utrecht-vs-celtic-.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

F****** ref :mad:

Not the ref, f**kin' Zaluska. Out of his depth at this level.

Exactly what we didn't want to happen. The Celtic shambles in away Euro games continues.

Only switched on after 10 mins, what was the first peno for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Bad Dream has to be :mad:

PauloMN wrote: »
    Not the ref, f**kin' Zaluska. Out of his depth at this level.

Exactly what we didn't want to happen. The Celtic shambles in away Euro games continues.

Only switched on after 10 mins, what was the first peno for?

Trip by Hooiveld :(

• Advertisement

Need to get into half time without another conceded and let Lenny at them. This is utter ****in' dross.

Should have been a red there. Ref has no bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye they should be down to 10 men, Zaluska got something on that ball when he slid out. Terrible start, Fortune is at nothing out wide and there not getting Forrest on the ball at all, some mistakes from Kayal too.

Still all we need is 1 and they have to get 2 more, fingers crossed for the 2nd half :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

The worst first half performance I have seen from a Celtic side for a long long time. Abject and depressing, only equalled by one of the worst referees I have EVER seen. Yellow card for a headbutt? A penalty when a goalkeeper saves with his legs and his momentum follows through on a player??

We are heading out of Europe and summer is barely over. Lennon is out of his depth.

Please Celtic, make me eat my words by fulltime!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

dublincelt wrote: »
    The worst first half performance I have seen from a Celtic side for a long long time. Abject and depressing, only equalled by one of the worst referees I have EVER seen. Yellow card for a headbutt? A penalty when a goalkeeper saves with his legs and his momentum follows through on a player??

We are heading out of Europe and summer is barely over. Lennon is out of his depth.

Please Celtic, make me eat my words by fulltime!

Calls for Lennon's head is a bit pre-mature imo, he's not out there playing, there the ones the finger should be pointed at.

Terrible refereeing for the headbutt, how could he only give a yellow for that?!

MOG7 wrote: »
    Ye they should be down to 10 men, Zaluska got something on that ball when he slid out. Terrible start, Fortune is at nothing out wide and there not getting Forrest on the ball at all, some mistakes from Kayal too.

Still all we need is 1 and they have to get 2 more, fingers crossed for the 2nd half :confused:

I'd take an accidental volley off Sammy's arse at the moment, we might be relying on a miracle now!

Shocking defending. Cha is all over the place tonight, very poor. Midfield can't string 2 passes together - literally. They look like they didn't expect Utrecht to play like this, can't understand it. Scott Brown back to his usual self, throwing stares at everyone and gets himself booked.

Utrecht will score another I'm sure. We know what we need to do now, and that's score. Extra time will kill this for us so we have to go for it.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Calls for Lennon's head is a bit pre-mature imo, he's not out there playing, there the ones the finger should be pointed at.

Terrible refereeing for the headbutt, how could he only give a yellow for that?!

Not calling for his head at all. Just think it has been a big risk to give him the job. Still give him time, but he looks out of his depth sadly.

As I have said, I hope I am proved wrong tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

3-0 to Utrecht. Celtic are an absolute shambles.

They need to get rid of Lennon pronto. Out of his depth.

Dundee Utd pull a goal back. 1-1 (Agg 2-1)

they have 10mins to score!!!

• Advertisement

Well it was coming. Thought it would take more than 60 seconds though.

I'm actually laughing now! :D

Not one attempt on goal yet for Celtic at 50 mins in. Against Utrecht ffs!

CL games against Barca, AC Milan, Benfica, Utd etc. seem a distant memory.

Get Brown off. Oh, he goes just as I type it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cant see a stream and i'll miss the 2nd half, the verdict from ye about the 1st half is depressing. Soft mentality is showing again i'd say, a good win is still being followed by complacency. Lennon needs to hop off them because we've seen how they can play and there is no excuses for turning up and trying to go through the motions at European Level.

1-1 between DUTD and AEK, I hope they can get another. Motherwell look dead and buried

Barry Maguire on for Utrecht. The Dutch guy with the Irish father.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Not one attempt on goal yet for Celtic at 50 mins in. Against Utrecht ffs!

CL games against Barca, AC Milan, Benfica, Utd etc. seem a distant memory.

Get Brown off. Oh, he goes just as I type it.

Just wish I could turn it off. But I cant. Jesus, this is terrible :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We all dream of a team of Van Wolfswinkels..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

This is shocking stuff, to be expected though if you don't show any backbone and allow a team attack you as easily as this. Hope we can pull something out of the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    We all dream of a team of Van Wolfswinkels..

How about you **** off out of this thread?

dublincelt wrote: »
    Just wish I could turn it off. But I cant. Jesus, this is terrible :o

I know, it's like a car crash... just can't help looking.

I wonder was a bit optimistic with the 3-1 prediction.... :(

Picking up silly yellows now as well. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dempsey wrote: »
    How about you **** off out of this thread?

What the hell did I do?

Just because your team aren't playing well don't have a go at me.
    I have just as much right to post in this thread as you do son.

edit:

4-0 Barry Maguire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

4-0 Maguire

ffs :mad:

Barry Maguire scores. UNBELIEVABLE. 4-0 Utrecht.

Nightmare for Celtic this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Looks a nice footballer young Maguire.

Celtic really are awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, this is really bad. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Why are celtic always so horrendously w@nk away from home in Europe

4-0. Utrecht deserve to go through, had the measure of us big time.

Can't watch any more, think I recorded Eastenders. See yiz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Another nail in the coffin of Scottish football. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Ki, Ki, give us a goal...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement