Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utrecht v Celtic 2nd Leg 19.30

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    Another nail in the coffin of Scottish football. :(

Can't argue with that. Embarrassing performance. Send the young lads out next time, they could not be any worse than this lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What the hell did I do?

Just because your team aren't playing well don't have a go at me.
    I have just as much right to post in this thread as you do son.

You have zero interest in Celtic, you just come into Celtic and SPL related threads to troll and get on people's nerves with your brand of bull. I just have no time for you and your inflammatory comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

flahavaj wrote: »
    Looks a nice footballer young Maguire.

Celtic really are awful.

Possibly the only irishman on the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The young fella Forrest has struggled out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The young fella Forrest has struggled out there.

He's still having a go at least to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

MOG7 wrote: »
    Calls for Lennon's head is a bit pre-mature imo, he's not out there playing, there the ones the finger should be pointed at.
    Should never have been appointed in the first place. Managing Celtic is a big, high pressure job. To put someone with no experience in charge is just insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Dempsey wrote: »
    You have zero interest in Celtic, you just come into Celtic and SPL related threads to troll and get on people's nerves with your brand of bull. I just have no time for you and your inflammatory comments

It's a match thread, if you think someone is baiting, don't rise to it. If every Rangers fan on boards was in here tonight taking the p*ss and supporting Utrecht there's nothing you really could do about it.

22 minutes to go, it doesn't look good but it's not over yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

All 3 clubs look like going out and with that Scotland's extra Champions League spot next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This is actually worse than Artmedia

Shameful and embarrassing stuff. To think I refused to watch the paint dry to watch this ****e is unreal

• Advertisement

Bukman13 wrote: »
    All 3 clubs look like going out and with that Scotland's extra Champions League spot next season.
    Didn't realise that :eek:

Will the winners have to qualify now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This van Wolfswinkel lad looks impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dempsey wrote: »

I don't know why you are getting so upset. The guys name is Ricky Van Wolfswinkel so I made a (bad) joke because you don't often hear that chant with a long name like Ricky Van Wolfswinkel at the end.

You have to calm down before you post on forums if something like my post sets you off.

I'm fully entitled to post in whatever thread I want to post in. It is a forum after all.

Didn't realise that :eek:

Will the winners have to qualify now?

They were more than likely going to have to qualify next year anyway as Denmark have basically taking that spot.

And now with just Rangers left it will mean the winners of the SPL next season will probably enter the CL at the Second qualifying round, unless Rangers pick up a rake of point in their CL group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lennon gone by Christmas.

Should have been 5-0, too greedy.

• Advertisement

They were more than likely going to have to qualify next year anyway as Denmark have basically taking that spot.

And now with just Rangers left it will mean the winners of the SPL next season will probably enter the CL at the Second qualifying round, unless Rangers pick up a rake of point in their CL group.
    Wow, I didn't realise things were that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Utrecht are just waltzing around them now - too easy.

I guess it only goes to show just how great Strachan was for twice getting Celtic into the last 16 of the Champions League.

Barry Maguire doing his Messi impression.

Wow, I didn't realise things were that bad.

Recent Scottish Co-efficient:
    08/09 - 1.875
    09/10 - 2.666
    Current Season - 1.900

Recent Cypriot Co-efficient:
    08/09 - 6.333
    09/10 - 4.250
    Current Season: - 2.875

It doesn't make pretty reading if this kind of form continues in Europe for the next few seasons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Delighted to see those scottish bastards out.

van Wolfswinkel has missed buckets of chances. Celtic just want the pain to go away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Wow and its supposed to be us Rangers fans that say things like that :(

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

The worst performance since Nuechetal Xmax in 1991. The Celtic board should be hounded from Celtic Park.

John Reid is a War Criminal!! We get what we deserve!!

dublincelt wrote: »
    The Celtic board should be hounded from Celtic Park.
    :confused:

Recent Scottish Co-efficient:
    08/09 - 1.875
    09/10 - 2.666
    Current Season - 1.900

Recent Cypriot Co-efficient:
    08/09 - 6.333
    09/10 - 4.250
    Current Season: - 2.875

It doesn't make pretty reading if this kind of form continues in Europe for the next few seasons...

Even compared to Ireland its not that much better.

Recent Irish Co-efficient:
    08/09 - 2.500
    09/10 - 1.375
    Current Season - 1.000

They only thing thats keeping Scotland that high up at the moment is Rangers run to Uefa cup final in 07/08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like Motherwell are going out too.

Shamrock Rovers v Rangers in the 2nd Q round next year?
    It'd be great.

All over. 4-0 Utrecht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

One shot on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was horrendous. If Shamrock Rovers or Bohemians did that they would be lambasted on here. I don't really follow Scottish football all that closely and am really surprised at how poor that Celtic line up was. Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Deary me. Wonder did Johan mean 90 minutes when he said "a long run in Europe"?

Out of Europe in August. Disaster of a result, beatable by literally anyone.

:confused:

What confuses you about what I have said?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Disaster, everything went wrong, Majstorovic looks like a joke, why were Juarez and Samaras taken off, strange ones imo. I couldn't even be bothered thinking about it, depressing is all it is...

F****n'.... BOO!!!!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Deary me. Wonder did Johan mean 90 minutes when he said "a long run in Europe"?

Out of Europe in August. Disaster of a result, beatable by literally anyone.

Lennon has not come through ONE game of significance since caretaker or now real manager.

What an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Have to say I am shocked thought Celtic would have went through with a bit of ease but if your first shot on target is in the 81st minute well :(

Even compared to Ireland its not that much better.

Recent Irish Co-efficient:
    08/09 - 2.500
    09/10 - 1.375
    Current Season - 1.000

They only thing thats keeping Scotland that high up at the moment is Rangers run to Uefa cup final in 07/08

Scotland only has that season and the 06/07 one keeping them where they are right now, without those two years Scotland could be the 28th ranked league in Europe by 2013.

dublincelt wrote: »
    What confuses you about what I have said?!
    How is it the boards fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been saying it for a while, but Scottish football is circling the drain. Rovers/Bohemians/Sligo would be upper/mid-table sides there.

Been saying it for a while, but Scottish football is circling the drain. Rovers/Bohemians/Sligo would be upper/mid-table sides there.

Guess we would be champions then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That was horrendous. If Shamrock Rovers or Bohemians did that they would be lambasted on here. I don't really follow Scottish football all that closely and am really surprised at how poor that Celtic line up was. Shocking.

I'm not quiet sure the line up was that bad, they hadn't been playing too bad the last couple weeks so we were expecting better, they had even collected a few clean sheets but just tonight everything went wrong, 2 penalties which on another night might not have been given, they should have been down to 10 men also. Anyways ye terrible, there are no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Unfortunately we did embarrass Irish football this season in Europe :(

Gary Twigg reckoned Irish teams could compete in bottom half of the SPL anyway.

frantic190 wrote: »

Even tho he couldnt, inspired opinion there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ah sure, they always got the ultra-competitive SPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Even tho he couldnt, inspired opinion there.

Yeah thats the thing, apparently he was looking like an SPL standard at Airdrie but when he moved to England he wasn't good at all. Still likes scoring against us though :rolleyes:

Terrible for Celtic though, when they went 3 nil up you could see the heart was gone.

I'm finding it difficult to be impartial in how I look at Celtic's players.

Zaluska is barely Dundee standard, Fortune is nowhere near even being able to do an impression of a top class striker, Samaras waste so many chances it's not even funny, Maloney should never have been brought back - ditto Mulgrew. Daryl Murphy, I don't know what to say to be honest, surely Stokes would have been a better option.

I could keep going but I won't. There are a handful of decent players at the club, Cha and Juarez did fairly well at the World Cup, Ki is a former Young Asian Player of the Year (even if he hasn't shown much of it at Celtic), Paddy McCourt has probably got more natural ability than any Northern Irish player since George Best. Overall, standards have slipped to the point where I could see problems for the club if they were playing in the Championship in England nevermind the Premiership.

• Advertisement

How is it the boards fault?

An appointment of an apprentice manager, have we not learned the lessons of the Brady appointment of 1991??

The lack of spending during the Jan transfer window the year before last when all we signed was Willo ****in Flood!!!

We will pay for the mistakes of this board for years to come.

We have gifted a bankrupt institution a Champs League fortune for two years in a row.

Old Firm indeed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

So many questions after tonight and no quick fix. Over the last number of years the quality of the team has deterorated and with that the fight of the team has evaporated.

The books at CP have looked well and need to have some real investment onto the pitch. Nothing ridiculous, but something that would effect the attitude of the players and improve the overall quality.

frantic190 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we did embarrass Irish football this season in Europe :(

Going by tonight, They could even break into the top two! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I'm finding it difficult to be impartial in how I look at Celtic's players.

Zaluska is barely Dundee standard, Fortune is nowhere near even being able to do an impression of a top class striker, Samaras waste so many chances it's not even funny, Maloney should never have been brought back - ditto Mulgrew. Daryl Murphy, I don't know what to say to be honest, surely Stokes would have been a better option.

I could keep going but I won't. There are a handful of decent players at the club, Cha and Juarez did fairly well at the World Cup, Ki is a former Young Asian Player of the Year (even if he hasn't shown much of it at Celtic), Paddy McCourt has probably got more natural ability than any Northern Irish player since George Best. Overall, standards have slipped to the point where I could see problems for the club if they were playing in the Championship in England nevermind the Premiership.

Can't argue with a word of that, depressing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What the hell did I do?

Just because your team aren't playing well don't have a go at me.
    I have just as much right to post in this thread as you do son.

edit:

4-0 Barry Maguire

Why rub it in with your pretend edit??? Who ya codding?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement