Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Radicals

Options
  • 26-08-2010 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I remember in 2000 reading a five star in Uncut of a album called Maybe You've been brainwashed too from the one man band New Radicals(Gregg Alexander) i decided i buy it and see how it was. i must say ten years on this sadly underrated album and the one hit wonder with You get what you give.

sadly anyone who didn't bother to buy the album missed a crazy mix of the style council, Prince, Big star, Beatles, rolling stones and elton john. Plus great songs, that were every bit as good as you get what you give.

Sadly even though the lead of single was a massive hit the album flopped. Gregg decided to quit and become a songwriter for Ronan keating(life is a rollcoaster) and Texas but don't let that put you off cause the Album is no boyband or cheesy record. Its a lost pop classic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Absolutely loved that album when it came out. One of those rare albums I played over and over, all day, every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I really liked that album when it came out, nice to know there was actually two other people that felt the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

I'm number 4

Advertisement