Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots protesting outside Easons...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Had to walk passed these witless morons this morning as i was heading into easons. great protest alright. one lad screamin ****e into a megaphone while about 5 or 6 other dopes just stood there in their crusty flipflops with their hands in their pockets looking about as productive as a dog ****ting on the pavement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

Tony Blair is a scumbag.

So is anyone who wants to ban a book.

Who wants to ban the book? They are just protesting against a war criminal coming to Ireland to promote his propaganda

Boards.ie is full of hypocrites and morons. Everyone on here is moaning "we need to do something, we need a change, we need to get out on the streets". And then when some people go out on the streets to protest against a war criminal promoting a propaganda book they are instantly labelled anti-semites, racists, hippies and spongers.

Boards.ie is truely for whingers and cowards who are unwillinging to stand up for anyway (apart from behind the safety of their PC that is)

jesus we dont care in galway. the rest of us have jobs to go to and plenty to be worrying about rather than a man scribbling a few words on a **** book cover 200 miles away. if they are going to protest do it against our own government our high unemployment rates. not some vague moral justice league hokum. if he was flying into galway id understand but they might aswell be protesting against a planning permission violation in some tower block in china for all the good this 'protest' will achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

McDougal wrote: »
    Who wants to ban the book? They are just protesting against a war criminal coming to Ireland to promote his propaganda

They are protesting a business for carrying a book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

My favourite part of the protest is the letter to the Irish Times, which says " we the undersigned creative artists in various diciplines! Well I know of some of these people and the designation of creative artist seems to be a classier term for, has nothing better to do than sit around all day and occasionally write whining letters to the Advertiser.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.:) Took the words right out of my mouth.

So is anyone who wants to ban a book.

Nazi book Burning comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

War Criminal...interesting...under who's court was he tried?

And I take it that you've read the book? Because how else would you be aware of the propaganda that it contains?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Boards.ie is full of hypocrites and morons. Everyone on here is moaning "we need to do something, we need a change, we need to get out on the streets". And then when some people go out on the streets to protest against a war criminal promoting a propaganda book they are instantly labelled anti-semites, racists, hippies and spongers.

Boards.ie is truely for whingers and cowards who are unwillinging to stand up for anyway (apart from behind the safety of their PC that is)

Oh the irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Boards.ie is full of hypocrites and morons.

Here lies the tale of an angry man......... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=14043822#

• Advertisement

The only way to stop the likes of these idiots is to stop giving them Airtime on Local Radio and Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hang on....so Tony Blair isn't even going to be in that Easons? Why don't they go up to Dublin and protest outside the shop where he will be?

Hang on....so Tony Blair isn't even going to be in that Easons? Why don't they go up to Dublin and protest outside the shop where he will be?

Because they are :pac: This is the shower that wanted to drape Liam Mellows Statue in an Orange Boiler suit as a Demonstration to Guantanamo and the shower that have the Black Shamrock Badges..

They're not in Dublin because up in the capital they would be a mere arse crumb on an otherwise **** stained canvas i.e they would be ignored even more than they have been here because its a common site in the capital to witness cretins with sandwich boards wrapped around their testicles or whatever else they do to protest.
    In other words they can feel the dogs bollocks by loitering around what is basically a back alley ( only in terms of the narrowness of shop street) and shouting at strangers. I should have taken some of their propaganda, whoops I meant "leaflets" because I'm low on toilet paper.
    God knows they should be protesting at Easons head office, the place where all the decisions are actually made, rather than harassing poor innocent customers/store assistants who just want to buy the daily rags or their beano or whatever.

Asmodean wrote: »
    customers/store assistants who just want to buy the daily rags or their beano or whatever.

Dont forget ZOO Magazine:pac:

They are protesting a business for carrying a book.

No they are protesting against Easons inviting Tony Blair for a book signing
    Steyr wrote: »
    Nazi book Burning comes to mind.

Idiotic post
    K_user wrote: »
    War Criminal...interesting...under who's court was he tried?

And I take it that you've read the book? Because how else would you be aware of the propaganda that it contains?

The victors are never tried for war crimes, only the losers.

Interesting! easons galway actually invited blair did they? Love the way you're blatantly avoiding the whole issue in regards to why they are not protesting in a decent location.

Interesting! easons galway actually invited blair did they? Love the way you're blatantly avoiding the whole issue in regards to why they are not protesting in a decent location.

When Blair comes they will be in Dublin. What exactly is your problem? Do left wing protesters freak out the boggers in doing their monthly shop?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do left wing protesters freak out the boggers in doing their monthly shop?

What exactly is your problem? so much for debating other users posts when you can just throw out general insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

As you can see McDougal has joined today so he is clearly one of the guys involved in the protest, these guys make me sick I would call on all guys on this forum to go to Easons tomorrow and walk right past these wan..rs and give them the two fingers.

• Advertisement

You see this is why i hate protestors. they cant debate logically just spew out euphimisms and cry over how nobody 'gets' them. can anyone present evidence that the gaaw wrote to the director/ceo of easons also and not just the Irish times?

Mactard wrote: »
    What exactly is your problem? so much for debating other users posts when you can just throw out general insults.

I'm actually trying to understand the problem with the protest
    Aerohead wrote: »
    As you can see McDougal has joined today so he is clearly one of the guys involved in the protest, these guys make me sick I would call on all guys on this forum to go to Easons tomorrow and walk right past these wan..rs and give them the two fingers.

I registered 3 weeks ago genius. Why do people who object to war crimes make you sick? Would protests against Slobodan Milosevic irk you just as much?
    You see this is why i hate protestors. they cant debate logically just spew out euphimisms and cry over how nobody 'gets' them. can anyone present evidence that the gaaw wrote to the director/ceo of easons also and not just the independant?

From what I can see it's you who can't debate. You still can't explain why you're defending Tony Blair.

As a matter of interest guys has any one ever tried posting on the website indymedia.ie if you post say something against a protest etc they will remove it straight away and only allow posts that support their protests. very democratic is it not

Strange that I never came across any protests against the war in Kosovo or Croatia but then the US or the UK were not involved.

Strange that I never came across any protests against the war in Kosovo or Croatia but then the US or the UK were not involved.

Well why don't you get off your fat arse and do something then?

McDougal why dont you pi.. off

Well i believe thats a BAN or Infraction right there i reckon McDougal. attack the post not the Poster.

McDougal why dont you pi.. off

It's a fair point, you believe you have the right to tell people when they should and shouldn't protest yet you're too lazy to bother your arse to do anything (except make slanderous posts from behind your laptop, what a brave person you are!)

As a matter of interest guys has any one ever tried posting on the website indymedia.ie if you post say something against a protest etc they will remove it straight away and only allow posts that support their protests. very democratic is it not

Yes your post will always be removed if it doesnt conform to their liking, Id love to go down on a :pac:Peace Bus:pac: to EINN (Shannon) with them and start saying ah look at the cool C-130Hercules Transport over there wow cool.

• Advertisement

except make slanderous posts from behind your laptop, what a brave person you are!

Says this guy...:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement