Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots protesting outside Easons...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

It's a forum for left wingers. If you post anti FF stuff on an FF forum they will remove it too. Same with any political organisation.

They can protest all they like. The point we're making is that the book signing isn't happening in Galway and would achieve as much as me protesting outside the McDonalds on Shop Street for something that happened in the one in New York.

People just won't care.

Steyr wrote: »
    Says this guy...:pac:

You are welcome to debate with me outside Easons if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Boneyarsebogman summed it up perfectly there. i only want 1 question answered. Did ye contact the director of easons yes or no? thanks for the impending thread lock too by the way. you have summed up in a nutshell why so many of the general dislike meaningless protestors. start a web petition next time, you wont end up insulting people with genuine questions that way.

Asmodean wrote: »
    Had to walk passed these witless morons this morning as i was heading into easons. great protest alright. one lad screamin ****e into a megaphone while about 5 or 6 other dopes just stood there in their crusty flipflops with their hands in their pockets looking about as productive as a dog ****ting on the pavement.
    Did ye contact the director of easons yes or no? thanks for the impending thread lock too by the way. you have summed up in a nutshell why so many of the general dislike meaningless protestors. start a web petition next time, you wont end up insulting people with genuine questions that way.

Sorry but I can't see a question in your original post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Oh for the love of god read the first sentance in my last post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Strange as it may seem most of the members of GAAW are blow ins especially their great leader N Farrell. He who must be obeyed.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Aerohead wrote: »
    Strange as it may seem most of the members of GAAW are blow ins especially their great leader N Farrell. He who must be obeyed.:D:D:D

I wish he would blow off..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

McDougal wrote: »
    I'm actually trying to understand the problem with the protest

So this is you trying to "understand the problem with the protest"
    Do left wing protesters freak out the boggers in doing their monthly shop?

McDougal, no matter how you swing it that is an insult, not directed at any one person but rather generally at all of Galway.

You just have to love how they appear to be ignoring my posts - so - I'll put it in bold and make it big just for them.
    If you really care about it as much as you do, then why are you not protesting where the actual event is taking place, and not a store that has absolutely nothing to do with the book signing whatsoever?

• Advertisement

When Blair comes they will be in Dublin. What exactly is your problem? Do left wing protesters freak out the boggers in doing their monthly shop?

You come across as an unpleasant, angry little man who refuses to take onboard anyone elses opinion. If you really were so against Tony Blair's appearance you would be waiting outside the store as he does his signing, not staging a pathetic rally 200 miles away.

Just because the rest of us aren't in an uproar over Blair's appearance does not mean that we support war or find it cool.

Blair could easily pocket the 5 or 10 million he will pocket over thins but he has the decency to donate the money to those less well off. It's a rather commendable gesture on his part and one which I'm sure neither you nor fellow members of your organisation would so readily do.

Out of curiosity, do you have any problems with wars and genocides which occurs without the presence of the US or the UK? Or is it simply a case of you jumping on the anti US/UK bandwagon which is so popular.

You come across as an unpleasant, angry little man who refuses to take onboard anyone elses opinion.

Sounds like a GAAW member:pac:

Does nobody else find it odd the fact they only have a problem with the book signing and not the book being sold? It seems like such a halfarsed attempt. I mean if they really had a problem with it, surely they would be protesting every bookshop in Galway as well?

surely they would be protesting every bookshop in Galway as well?

Thats because there only a handful of them Danny they cant be everywhere:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Does nobody else find it odd the fact they only have a problem with the book signing and not the book being sold? It seems like such a halfarsed attempt. I mean if they really had a problem with it, surely they would be protesting every bookshop in Galway as well?

They would not have enough people to cover all the bookshops in Galway :D:D

They would not have enough people to cover all the bookshops in Galway :D:D

If the OP was correct in his account, then it seems they have barely enough to cover one bookshop.

Boneyarsebogman summed it up perfectly there.

Boneyarsebogman's user name sums it up perfectly there
    Oh for the love of god read the first sentance in my last post.

Stop trying to pretend you came on here asking genuine questions. Your first post was an ad hominem attack.
    You just have to love how they appear to be ignoring my posts - so - I'll put it in bold and make it big just for them.
    If you really care about it as much as you do, then why are you not protesting where the actual event is taking place, and not a store that has absolutely nothing to do with the book signing whatsoever?

Woah calm down there cowboy!

The signing is taking place is Easons and people from the different regions were protesting outside their local easons. I see nothing wrong with that.
    You come across as an unpleasant, angry little man who refuses to take onboard anyone elses opinion. If you really were so against Tony Blair's appearance you would be waiting outside the store as he does his signing, not staging a pathetic rally 200 miles away.

Just because the rest of us aren't in an uproar over Blair's appearance does not mean that we support war or find it cool.

Blair could easily pocket the 5 or 10 million he will pocket over thins but he has the decency to donate the money to those less well off. It's a rather commendable gesture on his part and one which I'm sure neither you nor fellow members of your organisation would so readily do.

Out of curiosity, do you have any problems with wars and genocides which occurs without the presence of the US or the UK? Or is it simply a case of you jumping on the anti US/UK bandwagon which is so popular.

So because Blair is donating the proceeds from his propaganda to people who are maimed for life due to his war mongering he is a hero? What a ridiculous argument! Saddam Hussein did nice things for his boys in uniform too. Doesn't make him a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Madam, – We the undersigned, creative artists in various disciplines, ask Easons and RTÉ’s Late Late Shownot to facilitate Tony Blair’s promotion of his autobiographical book and the blood-money of his royalties that he proposes to pass on to military charity. Taoiseach Brian Cowen has stated that creative people have a duty to uphold “Brand Ireland”. We feel the best way to fulfil the duty would be to ensure the cancellation of this notorious war-criminal’s visit, so that Ireland cannot be turned into a launch-pad to reinvent Brand Blair as good-guy and peacemaker. (Easons book-signing, O’Connell Street, Dublin, 11am, September 4th) – Yours, etc,
    JOHN ARDEN, DEREK BALL,
    AIDEEN BARRY,
    RONAN BENNETT,
    JOCELYN BRADDELL,
    RORY BRADDELL,
    MARGARETTA D’ARCY,
    RAYMOND DEANE, LELIA
    DOOLAN, FELIM EGAN,
    ANNE FITZGERALD,
    MAUREEN GALLAGHER,
    FRED JOHNSTONE, LUCY
    JULES, JIMMY MURPHY,
    ONDINE O’GORMAN, DONAL
    O’KELLY, RÉ Ó LAIGHLÉIS,
    BOB QUINN,
    STEPHEN ROTHSCHILD,
    JOHN WAKEMAN,
    HILARY WAKEMAN
    JOSEPH WOOD,
    C/o St Bridget’s Place Lower,
    Galway.

Creative disciplines? Wonder what rules they follow? Apparantly Brian Cowens' as they are doing this at his behest to uphold 'brand Ireland'.... Haven't heard of this one - anything to do with 'Guaranteed Irish'...?

The signing is taking place is Easons and people from the different regions were protesting outside their local easons.

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Tony Blair a war criminal! The same Tony who helped bring about peace in Ireland for the first time in centuries?

Saddam Hussein was an evil bollix. Blair and Bush just f**ked up the way they took him out of power. They had no after plan.

Do you really honestly think that Blair is evil???!!!!

Next year ye'll want Macnus shut down for using paper aeroplanes in its parade or something stupid like that. Is it not ye who have taken the airshow away from us? GAAW does not represent Galway and should not be allowed use its name. Get a life and help some charities if you want to do some good.

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »
    Any links?

http://www.beedogs.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

They should protest the internet.

A protest outside a bookstore us fairly sinister, in my opinion.

darrenh wrote: »
    Tony Blair a war criminal! The same Tony who helped bring about peace in Ireland for the first time in centuries?

Saddam Hussein was an evil bollix. Blair and Bush just f**ked up the way they took him out of power. They had no after plan.

Do you really honestly think that Blair is evil???!!!!

Next year ye'll want Macnus shut down for using paper aeroplanes in its parade or something stupid like that. Is it not ye who have taken the airshow away from us? GAAW does not represent Galway and should not be allowed use its name. Get a life and help some charities if you want to do some good.

Time to put down your Sunday Independent I think. And yes Tony Blair is a war criminal. He sent soldiers to take part in an illegal invasion based upon lies and deception which led to the deaths of over a million people. But he shook hands Gerry and The Reverend Iain so he must be ok right?

They should protest the internet.

A protest outside a bookstore us fairly sinister, in my opinion.

They'll be protesting outside Spar next if we're not careful

As you can see McDougal has joined today so he is clearly one of the guys involved in the protest, these guys make me sick I would call on all guys on this forum to go to Easons tomorrow and walk right past these wan..rs and give them the two fingers.

definitely. Totalitarian nonsense. Imagine if a right wing group protested outside a bookshop because they didnt like a book in there, or a book signer.

They'll be protesting outside Spar next if we're not careful

What's spar got to do with anything, are we in lala stupid land here?

definitely. Totalitarian nonsense. Imagine if a right wing group protested outside a bookshop because they didnt like a book in there, or a book signer.

Yep protesting against illegal wars and war criminals is totalitarian nonsense. In fact protesting against any western leaders is totalitarian isn't? Protesters should be locked up.

What's spar got to do with anything, are we in lala stupid land here?

You should know, you brought the thread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Voltaire wrote:
    I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

I was never a fan of the GAAW but there are a lot of snide remarks being made here against certain posters. There are certainly good arguments against the Iraqi war, what does it matter where the GAAW choose to protest? The whole point of protesting is that it gathers attention (it has worked within this forum anyways), doesn't have to be necessarily made at the seat of power of the aggressor government or a bookstore where a former leader is making an appearance. Maybe someday people here will feel strongly enough about an issue that they make their voices be heard in public, god forbid they won't have the right!

• Advertisement

You should know, you brought the thread here

No, let me explain.

I said

1) They will be protesting the internet, next. Reason: the book in question is sold on the internet.
    2) You said "They will be protesting spar, next". No idea what that means, but then I live in England. i suspect that Spar is the kind of shop that a "sophisticate" like you wouldnt be seen dead in.In other words a supremicist position, a class ridden hatred of the workers etc.

reminding mw why I hate the modern "left".

In any case were any group of totalitarians protesting outside a bookstore; be they the BNP protesting a book on Sharia, a right wing religious group protesting a homosexual book, or a group of leftoids protesting what-ever-is-fashionable-to-hate-at-the-moment I would protest by going into that very bookstore and buying that very book.

In fact I would nuy more than one and give it to the nutcases outside.

However I am not in Ireland. When the nutters come here I will be there.

Dont agree with the war, agree with his right to defend the war. Simple stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement