Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots protesting outside Easons...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

There's better ways of getting your point across than roaring into a megaphone at people who are a few feet away surely? If you're going into the shop and someone's blaring a megaphone while others are putting pamphlets in front of you it just looks and feels extremely aggressive. But that's just my opinion.

Nobody claimed to be shouted at with a microphone, and hardly an excuse for such blatant attack by many posters here. Putting pamphlets in front of you? hardly aggressive now is it. I think some people need to get over themselves.
    Their fairly recent spiel about the Galway airshow is a fine example. I cant find a copy of their statement ( If I can I'll stick it on here) but it was silly and poorly written. Came across as a bunch of killjoys.

The same reasons for the Tony Blair protests, it's a worthy cause if any, one can be ignorant to what the red arrows were being used for in Iraq and Afghanistan but if one is open to this, you might feel completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

PomBear wrote: »
    one can be ignorant to what the red arrows were being used for in Iraq and Afghanistan but if one is open to this, you might feel completely different.

What are you wittering on about.
    I suppose the Cadburys wing walkers carried out a display over Baghdad as well did they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Can someone answer a question? Were there any protests by the anti-imperialist left of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

mikom wrote: »
    I suppose the Cadburys wing walkers carried out a display over Baghdad as well did they?

They buzzed the Taleban.

War crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can someone answer a question? Were there any protests by the anti-imperialist left of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

Only conflicts that involve the UK, U.S.A. and Israel seem to count.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Red Arrows represent a force which has murdered 130,000 civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. One can choose to ignore that if they please but I feel the GAAW showing some sort of opposition to give the forces a rousing reception here.
    Cadburys wing walkers?? no idea what you're wittering about either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

I have no idea. Anyway didn't the Afghan government at the time invite the Soviets in to deal with the religious fundamentalists undermining the state? It wasn't an invasion.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Only conflicts that involve the UK, U.S.A. and Israel seem to count.:rolleyes:

Probably something to do with those states invading and attacking other states.

McDougal wrote: »

So, where were the GAAW when Sadam invaded Kuwait?

So, where were the GAAW when Sadam invaded Kuwait?

As far as I'm aware GAAW was only formed as the US prepared to to invade Iraq on the basis of what were blatant lies

• Advertisement

As far as I'm aware GAAW was only formed as the US prepared to to invade Iraq on the basis of what were blatant lies

Sadam was an evil despot, or maybe that was a blatant lie as well.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

WIll Rick Wakeman be there ?
    im a big fan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

The logic people resort to in order to justify their vitriol never ceases to amaze me.

People are slating the protesters for not protesting other things? Do you guys realise how ridiculous that sounds?

There are a LOT of problems in the world. It's practically impossible for an individual to do something for every one of them, but in the eyes of some people here unless you protest about EVERYTHING that you think is wrong with the world you're a hypocrite, or as some here have tried to label them - a racist!?!?

So now people who protest against NAMA are assholes because they aren't protesting the Iraq war. And people who protest the Iraq war are assholes because they aren't protesting US missile strikes in Pakistan and people who protest against missile strikes in Pakistan are assholes because they won't protest for equal rights for fathers and people who protest for equal rights for fathers are assholes because they won't campaign for Breast cancer...

I mean we have this idea on boards, attack the argument not the poster, or the person making the argument.

Yet FEW if ANY of the posts in this thread are addressing the central issue, i.e. Eason's inviting Tony Blair here to promote his book, instead they resort to slandering and abusing the protesters and then when someone comes back and calls them names they have the brilliant cheek to talk about attacking the argument?

*shakes head sadly*

Sadam was an evil despot, or maybe that was a blatant lie as well.:rolleyes:

That may well be but 1 million people would still be alive if the US and Britain didn't invade Iraq. And the people in Iraq are not any better off today, they are worse off so I don't understand your argument.

Dick Cheney is evil but I still don't believe the world would necessarily be better off if he was hung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Red Arrows represent a force which has murdered 130,000 civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. One can choose to ignore that if they please but I feel the GAAW showing some sort of opposition to give the forces a rousing reception here.

The Red Arrows represent the RAF and they have not murdered 130,000 civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. The vast majority of deaths are from their own people or those pretending to be acting on their behalf by blowing innocent civilians to pieces in suicide bombings. But, using your words, "One can choose to ignore that if they please" what about the 30 odd thousand that were murdered in the attack on the twin towers or those murdered on the attacks on the London underground, that doesn't come into it maybe, but yet again using your own words "One can choose to ignore that if they please"

Like the Iraqi's have done on several occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

vulcan57 wrote: »
    what about the 30 odd thousand that were murdered in the attack on the twin towers or those murdered on the attacks on the London underground, "

30,000?! Officially 2,995 in the Twin Towers and 55 in the London bombings I thought...

Like the Iraqi's have done on several occasions.

....and would still be doing if Sadam was not stopped.

....and would still be doing if Sadam was not stopped.

This is a joke right? The US put Saddam in power, encouraged him to invade Iran and indeed provided him with logistical support and were laughing happily when he used chemical weapons on the Iranians and his own people.

They also had no problem giving hundreds of millions in aid to pakistan, an Islamic Nuclear armed state run by a dictator for years.

Or what about the Coup to remove the democratically elected leader of Iran when he was about to stop BP from pillaging the countries resources?

Yes, of course the USA are all about promoting democracy and freedom and they had to get rid of him for that and that alone.

majiktripp wrote: »
    30,000?! Officially 2,995 in the Twin Towers and 55 in the London bombings I thought...

I stand correct, too eager on the zero's, my point still stands though.

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote: »
    This is a joke right? The US put Saddam in power, encouraged him to invade Iran and indeed provided him with logistical support and were laughing happily when he used chemical weapons on the Iranians and his own people.

They also had no problem giving BILLIONS in aid to pakistan, an Islamic Nuclear armed state run by a dictator for years.

Or what about the Coup to remove the democratically elected leader of Iran when he was about to stop BP from pillaging the countries resources?

Yes, of course the USA are all about promoting democracy and freedom and they had to get rid of him for that and that alone.

Have you erased the invasion of Kuwait from memory? or the fact that during the first Gulf War he ( Sadam_) started firing rockets into Israeli terrority to try and draw them into a conflict thus hoping for other Arab states to join in? No Joke.:rolleyes:

I stand correct, too eager on the zero's, my point still stands though.

Your point does not stand because the invasion of Iraq had NOTHING to do with the attack on the twin towers. Saddam/Iraq had no involvement with it or with Al Queda.

Have you erased the invasion of Kuwait from memory? or the fact that during the first Gulf War he started firing rockets into Israeli terrority to try and draw them into a conflict thus hoping for other Arab states to join in? No Joke.:rolleyes:

Oh Saddam was a terrible dictator and pure evil. But you're implication that the US were removing him was a great and benevolent act and justified falls apart in the face of their OWN support for him and the manner in which Saddam gained power and their actions in other places around the world.

The fact is, the only reason Saddam was able to do all that he did was THANKS to the US helping him to power in the first place thanks to their policy of regime change when they don't like the leadership of a country that they want something from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭outwest

isnt this thread obout a group of poeple protesting over tony blair book,

the gaaw annoys me, the protest at eason was idiotic, as for the red arrows, i enjoyed them at the volvo rave, there entertaining

outwest wrote: »
    isnt this thread obout a group of poeple protesting over tony blair book,

the gaaw annoys me, the protest at eason was idiotic, as for the red arrows, i enjoyed them at the volvo rave, there entertaining

Absolutely, the entire thread is attacking the PEOPLE(poster) rather than the arguement they are making.

ie. that people are unhappy about Easons bringing Tony Blair over to peddle his propaganda.

Pfft.

Everyone knows Dubrays is better. Or is it Dubrarys?

The Red Arrows represent the RAF and they have not murdered 130,000 civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. The vast majority of deaths are from their own people or those pretending to be acting on their behalf by blowing innocent civilians to pieces in suicide bombings. But, using your words, "One can choose to ignore that if they please" what about the 30 odd thousand that were murdered in the attack on the twin towers or those murdered on the attacks on the London underground, that doesn't come into it maybe, but yet again using your own words "One can choose to ignore that if they please"

30,000?? it's closer to 3,000 bud.

Also I think you need to look up the definition of civilian.

Also the RAF served in Iraq and Afghanistan, do yes their campaign is just imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

to what the red arrows were being used for in Iraq and Afghanistan but if one is open to this, you might feel completely different.

The red arrows are a display team, as are the Cadburys wing walkers.
    Were the red arrows used in Iraq and Afghanistan as you posted initially?
    I don't believe they were.
    Unless of course if they were trying to appease ould Saddam by creating a smoke-trail heart in the sky.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

There's a lot of sanctimonious nonsense being spouted here. Attack the post, not the poster etc.

The fact is that a lot of the signatories of that letter are the same people who have been "protesting" in Galway for over thirty years, quite happy to be supported by the State while doing so. People are quite entitled to be sick and tired of listening to them and their latest crusades. Whether or not one agrees with the Blair witchprojecthunt, it's fully understandable that most Galway people are sick of listening to these same whingers for decades.

Very disappointing to see Lelia Doolin associating herself with them by signing that letter.

• Advertisement

The red arrows are a display team, as are the Cadburys wing walkers.
    Were the red arrows used in Iraq and Afghanistan as you posted initially?
    I don't believe they were.
    Unless of course if they were trying to appease ould Saddam by creating a smoke-trail heart in the sky.......

Red Arrows are a branch of the RAF, the RAF bombed and murdered civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement