Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmland prices stablising

Options
  • 26-08-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

A new survey has today indicated that the price of Irish farmland has stabilised.

Estate agents Knight Frank says prices have increased nationally by about €450 per acre this year, bringing the average price to just more than €10,000.

Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow had the highest average price at just more than €16,000 per acre whilst the lowest was in the north-west at around €7,000.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jetski wrote: »
    A new survey has today indicated that the price of Irish farmland has stabilised.

Estate agents Knight Frank says prices have increased nationally by about €450 per acre this year, bringing the average price to just more than €10,000.

Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow had the highest average price at just more than €16,000 per acre whilst the lowest was in the north-west at around €7,000.

Link

Way hay we are saved. :rolleyes:

And knight Frank would be an objective entity in all this ?

Farm land may stablisied a little, but there are chunks of land that I know that have been on the market for the last year.

Aucitoneers readily admit that even in the case of very sought after farmland, the numbers showing interest is very much greater than the number that shows up on auction day.

BTW you do know that farmers are having problems borrowing money from the banks just like everyone else ?
    Added to that farm incomes have not really been thriving over the last few years and CAP is due a massive overhaul.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

there s 3or 4 farms for sale near me for the last two years noboby interested in them even though they would be very good quality land ..
    i reckon they will fall further

Advertisement