Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Okay, maybe It's just me but does orientation look awfully like ''help yourself day'' ? lol. I kinda thought there would be people there like showing us from place to place? but like when i look at the time table it looks like I'm just suppose to pick and chose where I go to? which is grand....unless you're on your own ::mad: :L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yeahhh wrote: »
    Okay, maybe It's just me but does orientation look awfully like ''help yourself day'' ? lol. I kinda thought there would be people there like showing us from place to place? but like when i look at the time table it looks like I'm just suppose to pick and chose where I go to? which is grand....unless you're on your own ::mad: :L

During orientation week, depending on your programme, you will be assigned to a peer mentoring group. There will be around 10-15 people in each group (most of the people in the group will be on the same programme as you). The Peer mentor will be like your guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yeahhh

During orientation week, depending on your programme, you will be assigned to a peer mentoring group. There will be around 10-15 people in each group (most of the people in the group will be on the same programme as you). The Peer mentor will be like your guide.

Sweeeet :D Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dude the most important thing to do is go to the comedy debate... Its gonna be awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Your obviously not an Arts student.

Basically yah it is help yourself, go to the IT induction and the President's Speech. Those two are the most important, everything else nyeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

They have tour guides that you can just go up to as well. Look out for blue shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 The_Mermaid

You are supposed to attend everything on your specific timetable. It may seem like some doesn't matter, but it's the only way you'll meet people.
    The social stuff is obviously pick and choose, because they're not going to force people into a certain activity.
    You're by no means left alone, no matter what your course. There are specific guides for your course and generally so you'll be helped by them.
    Depending your course, these guides might be with you for the first several weeks of term to make sure you settle in. Don't worry, you won't be left alone for long!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

lets hope i get to guide some of you guys around next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Don't forget to go to the president's welcome or you won't get your free scarf. All the cool kids will be wearing them :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

During my orientation I just went to the meeting where they gave the scarfs and then did the it introduction to get myself a free usb stick and then left. That scarf is handy during the cold mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Your obviously not an Arts student.

Basically yah it is help yourself, go to the IT induction and the President's Speech. Those two are the most important, everything else nyeh.

That is, they're important because you get free stuff ( memory stick and scarf):D

Advertisement