Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

baby for c&c

• 26-08-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

This is another niece of mine and I was trying out a lighter sort of processing. Too light or not?
    collagecharlotte-2.jpg
    I resaved the image as the eyes were bugging me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Very nice Lynn. I wouldn't say too light. These are up to your usual high standard. Just one thing that bugs me. I think you have a tendency, and myself likewise, to over do PP on the eyes. They are too sharp and bright and don't look very natural, especially in the top one. Though, it's probably not so evident in a larger image. A close up of her face would suit the collage IMO and maybe one of her hands too.

Other than that I'm sure the parents will love this. If not a little too safe, the images have all the ingredients for success. Soft light, Shallow DoF, nice expressions and great perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They're fantastic, as usual :)

I would agree that the eyes pop a we bit too much, but as far as toning and lighting go, it's perfect! Well done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

oshead wrote: »
    Very nice Lynn. I wouldn't say too light. These are up to your usual high standard. Just one thing that bugs me. I think you have a tendency, and myself likewise, to over do PP on the eyes. They are too sharp and bright and don't look very natural,
    Agree with David 100%
    Brilliant photos but you're not the only one that over does the pop in the eyes, then again I'm sure customers are 100% behind their pics when they see their kids eyes so true and clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lovely baby/mad eyes

Nice shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Beautiful. Agreed on the eyes, slightly too much pop but love the composure of the shots.

Tip of the hat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

thanks and yes I agree her eyes are mad looking in the first one. I didn't do anything to the eyes in the others, they're as they are although the whole image was brightened. The image is oversharpened too as I resized it to work on the site.
    No client just my sister who's only be waiting hmmm months for me to edit the images :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

The eyes in the first have been mentioned, apart from that they are fantastic.
    Any parent will love them, personally I think the one with the feet is my favourite :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

hmm where to start....
    There's dodgy focus going on in the sitting one. Why is the near hand in focus and the far one crisp? Try a narrower aperture to avoid that. There is also a toe crop on that which should have been avoided.
    There's a dark halo round the feet on the bottom right showing processing.
    There isn't enough variation in the posing. One on the tummy would have been nice.

Hold on. I'm the one that took them :D I find it very easy to see everything that's wrong with my own images. i have lots more but couldn't believe I forgot a tummy shot. Gah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

My folks always told me "self praise is no praise at all", now self criticism, that's a new one to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

hmm where to start....
    There's dodgy focus going on in the sitting one. Why is the near hand in focus and the far one crisp? Try a narrower aperture to avoid that. There is also a toe crop on that which should have been avoided.
    There's a dark halo round the feet on the bottom right showing processing.
    There isn't enough variation in the posing. One on the tummy would have been nice.

Hold on. I'm the one that took them :D I find it very easy to see everything that's wrong with my own images. i have lots more but couldn't believe I forgot a tummy shot. Gah!
    :D

I don't think I've ever been completely happy with any photograph that I have ever taken. I always spot whats wrong, never whats right!

Isn't that what makes us go out and try harder? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement