Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the culchiest thing you have seen culchie people do?

• 26-08-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Don Keypunch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Educate/feed/clothe/civilize Dubliners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Culchie thread.

Riveting.

Haven't seen this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

...............this should be good! :rolleyes:

Hmm, I wouldn't call it "culchy", but pig ignorance.

Was on a train to Cork and most if not all of the seats were pre-booked. A family came along to find that the seats were taken by a few country-heads. The family informed them that they were in their seats. Country folk didn't care and told them to go elsewhere.....

Yeah I kind of gave up on my own story there.......I'll put heart in to the next one though.

EDIT: Also in before "anywhere outside Dublin is 'deh country'".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i saw a man by the name of the bull mcCabe kill a yank for wanting to buy his field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I don't know.. own a farm?

Maybe moan about people from Dublin, that seems popular too.

Why can't we all just be friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

mink_man wrote: »
    i saw a man by the name of the bull mcCabe kill a yank for wanting to buy his field.

GO HOME, YANK!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't know.. own a farm?

Maybe moan about people from Dublin, that seems popular too.

Why can't we all just be friends?

because the non culchies think they're better than the culchies, when they're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Why OP? What's the most culchie thing you've seen a culchie do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Eat a bail of hay? Seriously, what kind of answers do you expect? When they do ride their relatives, they make sure the doors are closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Eat in Burgermacs.

I didn't think you could find a culchier fast food place than Supermacs, but I got a huge culture shock the first time I saw a Burgermacs in Wexford.

• Advertisement

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Why OP? What's the most culchie thing you've seen a culchie do?

I hate when people start giving narky comments back to the op when they don't give their own views on the topic. I don't think they need to give their opinions on topics like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Drink a bottle of Tay on the Bog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Today at the zoo in city farm a culchie family were naming all the cows....thats a freisen.... thats a zzzzzzzzzzzzz........

They travel all they way up from their farms in ballymacbackwards and all the exotic animals they had to see and the were fasacinated by the cows and pigs

come ere jon joe have a look at this pot bellie pig thats one fine swine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

What a spectacular fail at trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Ate a sangwich.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Today at the zoo in city farm a culchie family were naming all the cows....thats a freisen.... thats a zzzzzzzzzzzzz........

They travel all they way up from their farms in ballymacbackwards and all the exotic animals they had to see and the were fasacinated by the cows and pigs

come ere jon joe have a look at this pot bellie pig thats one fine swine :pac:

I'm kind of impressed if someone can name different types of cows. All I know are friesan and aberdeen angus. And I only know the second one because of Burger King.

mink_man wrote: »
    I hate when people start giving narky comments back to the op when they don't give their own views on the topic. I don't think they need to give their opinions on topics like this.

And as usual someone butts in with a pointless comment when I asked a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

ciano1 wrote: »
    Drink a bottle of Tay on the Bog!

Tell me you actually saw that because I am oddly but wildly impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I'm kind of impressed if someone can name different types of cows. All I know are friesan and aberdeen angus. And I only know the second one because of Burger King.

Knock yourself out - though these are dairy, you won't find them in your burger

http://www.devon.gov.uk/dairy_cattle.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

chin_grin wrote: »
    ...............this should be good! :rolleyes:

Hmm, I wouldn't call it "culchy", but pig ignorance.

Was on a train to Cork and most if not all of the seats were pre-booked. A family came along to find that the seats were taken by a few country-heads. The family informed them that they were in their seats. Country folk didn't care and told them to go elsewhere.....

Yeah I kind of gave up on my own story there.......I'll put heart in to the next one though.

EDIT: Also in before "anywhere outside Dublin is 'deh country'".

An awful lot of Dubs from it so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Eat a bail of hay? Seriously, what kind of answers do you expect? When they do ride their relatives, they make sure the doors are closed.

Oh, doors is it? When the Tans were here there were no doors. We had to climb onto the roof and make a hole the thatch.

Millicent wrote: »
    Tell me you actually saw that because I am oddly but wildly impressed!

It's been years since I saw it in a bottle, most people have moved on to cups now!

One of the nicest cups of tea you can have is in a field or a bog when the sun is shining but you can smell Autumn in the air. Pure bliss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Look in awe at helicopters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

or an ambulance basically anything that goes ne naw ne naw ne naw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Boost RTE's ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

BluesBerry wrote: »
    or an ambulance basically anything that goes ne naw ne naw ne naw :pac:

That'd be me.:o
    Sometimes I wave at the helimochopters.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

hope i'm not too late but, yore ma !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Wear a handkerchief on their head, just like in Monty Python

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭ChemOC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

the culchiest thing that 'down the country culchie types' ever do is move to dublin, settle there, then have kids who look down their noses at anyone from outside the pale. the same kids are often to be found starting threads like this. idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ate a feed a freshly boiled spuds, with kerrygold and salt. Nothing else. Oh the tay after a course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Refuse to use escalators and elevators when confronted with them in town.
    Go to the bus station one hour early to make sure you don't miss the bus back home. Bow head and cross themselves every time they pass church grotto or graveyard, even when they proclaim to be atheist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lazyQuestions

grow alot the food you eat etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I've seen culchies go bananas in a night club when "Cotton Eye Joe" was played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

I saw one gnawing on the femur of a Dublin fan,up by Mountjoy SQ last Sunday.He was covered in red so he was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

actually dubs do the culchiest things when you take em out of dublin, alot of my friends are from dublin and when they arrive in a new city everything seems so strange and wonderful to them. i remember when we were over in newcastle in the summer of 2003, one guy from killester was amazed at the different flavours of fanta in the fridge in one shop (we in ireland had one flavour at the time), he kept going back and forward to the fridge :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

I was in the toilet in a Culchie College a few years ago (studying for my LC at the time, didn't attend the place), and when I came out of the cublcle to wash my hands, one of the students had his head stuck under the tap drinking out of it. This was despite the fact that the water tap for drinking was one yard outside the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Culchies drink Harp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

I think it has to be the time I saw some country folk walking along Tara Street and stopped and stared in shock and amazement, at the skeletal heroin addicts, freely shooting up while lying along the side of the street, and being horrified when one of the 'street people' turned around and said...'jaayyyzus misses, you couldnt be from here... could you spare a few odds'.

The culchies got very quickly out of there, Id say that has to be the culchiest reaction to Dublin life I have wittnessed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

HeadPig wrote: »
    I was in the toilet in a Culchie College a few years ago (studying for my LC at the time, didn't attend the place), and when I came out of the cublcle to wash my hands, one of the students had his head stuck under the tap drinking out of it. This was despite the fact that the water tap for drinking was one yard outside the door.

Yeah, I've never seen that happen in any nightclub in the Pale... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

Culchie : Daithi O Se

Cluchiest thing : Hosting The Weeds of Tralee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I saw a team of culchies beat the Dubs in Croke Park last sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Some rellies up on a visit to the big schmoke I was asked afterwards to drive them to the main bogger road out of the city, so took them to out past Heuston and told them Id beep and give them a wave when they were on the main road out of the city.

Beeped and waved as agreed and headed for home. Got home 20 mins later and who do I see in my rear view mirror.........you guessed it :D:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Throw a cat in front of a car many times until it finally went SPLAT across the windscreen.

Mary Bale is nothing compared to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

Sizzler wrote: »
    Some rellies up on a visit to the big schmoke I was asked afterwards to drive them to the main bogger road out of the city, so took them to out past Heuston and told them Id beep and give them a wave when they were on the main road out of the city.

Beeped and waved as agreed and headed for home. Got home 20 mins later and who do I see in my rear view mirror.........you guessed it :D:o

Driving Test Fail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Eating their Hang Sangadges out the back a their cars on All-Ireland days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Get up and look out the window when they heard a car coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

just had lunch with a culchie who put tayto on his breakfast roll,can't get more culchie than that

• Advertisement
Advertisement