Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the culchiest thing you have seen culchie people do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Millicent wrote: »
    Tell me you actually saw that because I am oddly but wildly impressed!

Really?I feel like some sort of caveman because I see this every summer.:o

I suppose the "culchiest" things I ever done was when I went to Dublin(The city,had only ever been to the zoo or the airport and stuff before that) when I was about 11 to see my brother and was astounded because the Centra was so big and there was cornflakes in cups!
    My first time on a double decker bus was also exciting but very scary.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Think that they feed people in dublin when 90% of the fruit and Veg consumed in Dublin is grown in North County Dubiln:D

1 Beat Dublin at GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Was in a local shop in rural Cork and there was an auld farmer fella who absolutely stank the whole place up by just standing there, he then sneezed and glugged the stuff onto his jumper and wiped his mouth, then he stuffed into his mouth a doughnut he was buying and there was cream and bits of chewed doughnut all around his mouth and dropping on his jumper. The girl behind the till wouldn't serve him - good for her. What a pig he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I worked in an office a few years back in the Wescht (it's proper West of Ireland when it's pronounced like that). Over a set of plugs on the wall, there was stickers to say what each plug was for... 'printer', 'modem', 'fax' etc.

However one of them was really culchie... it read 'kittle'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Get up and look out the window when they heard a car coming.

I do that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

mink_man wrote: »
    i saw a man by the name of the bull mcCabe kill a yank for wanting to buy his field.

It was actually a Galway man who moved to England and returned to buy land so his sick wife could move home, where her health might improvve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

What the culchiest thing you have seen culchie people do?

Seen a group one day just hanging around culchieing. I couldnt wait to get away from them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

It was actually a Galway man who moved to England and returned to buy land so his sick wife could move home, where her health might improvve

Nah his wife was from Galway and he was from England,nearly sure that's how it goes anyway!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

storm2811 wrote: »
    Nah his wife was from Galway and he was from England,nearly sure that's how it goes anyway!:p

No, I just read it like beore the summer nd we did a big project thing on it in school nd im sure that is how it goes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dudess wrote: »
    Was in a local shop in rural Cork and there was an auld farmer fella who absolutely stank the whole place up by just standing there, he then sneezed and glugged the stuff onto his jumper and wiped his mouth, then he stuffed into his mouth a doughnut he was buying and there was cream and bits of chewed doughnut all around his mouth and dropping on his jumper. The girl behind the till wouldn't serve him - good for her. What a pig bítch she was.

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

think i mentioned this before.

Seen some chap in clifden sitting in a spar, wearing a cheap tracksuit, drinking Guinness from the can at about 11.30 am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Seen some chap in clifden sitting in a spar, wearing a cheap tracksuit, drinking Guinness from the can at about 11.30 am.

I've seen that in Dublin. Except replace the can of guinness for 2 litres of Tesco's finest Cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The guy he saw in Clifden was probably from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Presses the buzzer, then leaps back in fear and amazement when the door asks them their name and nature of their business...
    Then creep back and repeat the exercise. Total amazement when they discover that a conversation can be had with a door...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

baz2009 wrote: »
    FYP.
    Maybe, but the guy had phlegm on his hands...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Calling Gaelic Football Gaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

When dubliners don't realise that to people who live in real cities,you know with the tall buildings and underground trains and ****, dubliners are culchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I once saw a Dubliner in my local trying to act smart, letting on that he knew everything. Anyways, Mick, Paddy, Hastings and Old Jim grabbed him, threw him into the back of Paddy's fiesta and proceeded to smack him with a bunch of hurleys. When they finished they bought the pub a round of porter and ham sandwiches, good times were had by all.

This may not have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Butter biscuits.

Seen a farmer jump start a lamb with a dose of poitín.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

I saw a culchie once, posing outside his local with one of those very first mobile phones, the ones about the same size as an Uzi, from c.'84.

Given that this was in 1999, I don't expect one of those dinosaurs would even connect to a network.

Still,in fairness to him, it seemed like he managed to get plenty of business calls taken care of on it.

I love when culchies be blingin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I've seen that in Dublin. Except replace the can of guinness for 2 litres of Tesco's finest Cider.
    Shenanigans!!

Spar doesn't sell Tesco Cider. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Saw some oul fella in a pub in kilkenny using a bright yellow tie for a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Really?I feel like some sort of caveman man because I see this every summer.:o

I should clarify that when I read "drinking a bottle of tae on the Bog", I read toilet and not field. :D I've drank plenty of tea, some in fields and once or twice from a bottle. I have a snazzy range of travel mugs these days though!

My first time on a double decker bus was also exciting but very scary.:pac:

This just reminded me of my sister, who, after finding herself lost in Dublin, spotted the bus I'd taken her on a few weeks before (it was a big adventure for her, even though she worked in Stillorgan, ffs!) and followed it until she knew where she was. She was very proud of herself too, like she a big city woman now, bless her! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Was away on a stag down in Kerry and saw lads in the local nightclub (AKA Dishco) in tracksuits winking at girls as they went to the bar :eek:

Sizzler wrote: »
    Was away on a stag down in Kerry and saw lads in the local nightclub (AKA Dishco) in tracksuits winking at girls as they went to the bar :eek:

Tis not a proper culchie disco til you've seen someone in a thick woolly jumper and cords. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

in the hurling final last year young firey tipperary guy swings full on into the face guard of the kilkenny guy who was skillfully provoking him
    sent off
    rte chose not to replay it, ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

moonpurple wrote: »
    in the hurling final last year young firey tipperary guy swings full on into the face guard of the kilkenny guy who was skillfully provoking him
    sent off
    rte chose not to replay it, ever

In the All Ireland hurling final last year a Kilkenny pup was constantly pushing the helmet of a Tipp man down over his eyes so he couldn't see where he was going. Tipp man eventually has enough & snapped at the Kilkenny man. The ref chose to see this & send Tipp man off, but had funnily enough, failed to see what had provoked a usually quite player.

RTE are pussies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

From what Ive seen down here in Kerry, being born and raised in Dublin, I can see both points of view and the following imagery i am about to show depicts what "culchie" people do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

One of my previous gaaaaaaaa managers roaring and jumping at the sidelines with his gaaaaaa socks pulled over his trousers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

From what Ive seen down here in Kerry, being born and raised in Dublin, I can see both points of view and the following imagery i am about to show depicts what "culchie" people do...

Sums them up nicely.

Once in Nite Club down the country.

Rather attractive young girls walk in.

Seamus say to John joe " Sluuts!"

I thought to myself.

Ah Nite club+ attractive ladies/sluts, not that i care
    about the young ladies habits.

What did the two tractor admirers want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

image 2 is a youngster very close to his fit and self respecting dad,
    image 2 shows why you are down in kerry
    only the shrewdest europeans can live in kerry and wait for the summer to come back again:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Culchie people doing culchie things eh.....just go to Coppers on All Ireland final night, once saw two guys from Kerry take tin foil out of their pockets at the bar in that kip and proceed to take sandwiches from it and start eating away....ffs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

This has nothing to do with being a culchie. I work in an offo in Dublin and we have drunks waiting outside our shop when we open at 10.30.

Anyway, we all know that the culchiest thing you can do is watch the GAA. Dubliners don't give a fuck how Dublin do from one end of the year to the other until last Sunday when they were playing whatever competition they were playing in. I've never seen so many of my mates wearing Dublin jerseys (and they never wore them before, I dunno where they got them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Get a tatoo of a John Deere tractor and have loads of miniture tractors at home despite been in their mid 20's...WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

moonpurple wrote: »
    image 2 is a youngster very close to his fit and self respecting dad,
    image 2 shows why you are down in kerry
    only the shrewdest europeans can live in kerry and wait for the summer to come back again:pac:

Dude you burned me soo bad on that one! :rolleyes:

People take note, moonpurple comes up with the sickest comebacks, if you need a good slag for someone PM moonpurple because he is on FIRE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Sizzler wrote: »
    Some rellies up on a visit to the big schmoke I was asked afterwards to drive them to the main bogger road out of the city, so took them to out past Heuston and told them Id beep and give them a wave when they were on the main road out of the city.

Beeped and waved as agreed and headed for home. Got home 20 mins later and who do I see in my rear view mirror.........you guessed it :D:o

Were you reversing into your drive? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

Seen a lad strip himself to the waist leaving his boots on and kick a pig in the head in a pen - it was a slippery pig contest at Ploughing championships. I **** you not, he won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Here's some pictures of non-culchies in action

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Dude you burned me soo bad on that one! :rolleyes:

People take note, moonpurple comes up with the sickest comebacks, if you need a good slag for someone PM moonpurple because he is on FIRE!

Your comeback was actually worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Two of those aren't even from Ireland, culchie. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ciano1 wrote: »
    Drink a bottle of Tay on the Bog!

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Nicest cup of tay ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

ok

about 12 years ago I went to a night club in Roscommon town, guys on front of me in the queue wearing wellies and they got in!

I drank tea from a bottle in the bog (again many years ago!) - I hate tea but it seemed like the thing to do at the time! warm sugary tea while coughing up a lung of bog dust.

looking for a big stick to bring with me when walking my dogs, ya never know when a good stick can come in handy walking down the road.

my 1st time in Dublin not knowing where graften street was when I was asked for directions at Trinity by a tourist.

waiting at traffic lights to cross the road - I still do that most of the time

all that said - there's little difference between a dub and a culchie when you take us out of ireland - we're all just very Irish...?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

This thread is a haven for the dole claiming Dubs in their council flats leeching the neighbors eircom internet. I'm really enjoying the read.

Make sure to keep that IQ below your knee's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

not very cluchie but pretty sad.....start a retaliation thread

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056013589

ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

1 = "http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7924712356/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/28/chav.jpg"
    3 = "http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/UnaLovesU2/chavs2.jpg"

We don't have "chavs" in this country.

4 ="http://www.londonclasswar.org/images/scumbag.jpg"

FAIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Buy a straw hat on Dorset St before going to see a GAA match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Zulu wrote: »
    1 = "http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7924712356/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/28/chav.jpg"
    3 = "http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/UnaLovesU2/chavs2.jpg"

We don't have "chavs" in this country.

4 ="http://www.londonclasswar.org/images/scumbag.jpg"

FAIL.

You all look alike to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement