Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shutter count on Flickr Exif Data

• 26-08-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that my Canon mk2 1d shutter count is included in photo exif data ,might be of use to access shutter counts,mine is at 250000 ,is that average or will I look to change it:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

hoganpoly wrote: »
    Just noticed that my Canon mk2 1d shutter count is included in photo exif data ,might be of use to access shutter counts,mine is at 250000 ,is that average or will I look to change it:)

Why do you feel the need to change it? Has it been doing everything you needed it to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

250,000 is pretty high even for a pro body. My D3 is rated at around 150,000 average and I have heard of them going beyond 300,000 no worries. If your shutter fails, its alot cheaper to replace the shutter than the entire body...so keep shooting until that shutter dies (not many people can say they've had a shutter die in the 100K's...most people don't reach that anyway).

You could get another 150-250K is you're really really lucky or God forbid.....you might not get another shot.

If you are concerned, see how much a new shutter will cost to put in and have some peace of mind. I'f you've got a 2nd body shoot that baby until she gives out!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

thx pete will get a quote to replace shutter,does the shutter simply stop working or is it a gradual thing if so what should I notice thx

Advertisement