Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a catch to quinn insurance?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am a learner driver, 21, less than a year of driving experience and quinn have given me a very good quote for my insurance. a lot cheaper than any other insurance companies. I was just wondering if there is a catch, because I've heard that they make it quite difficult to make a claim. does anyone know if there is anything wrong with getting insurance from Quinn Direct??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭eagle_i

Nothing wrong with Quinn, they can be sticky on claims in that you must notify them immediately of a potentional claim. If you delay in telling them as soon as the damage has happened you could be in breach of their policy terms. Say for instance you were to make a claim for damaged windscreen under the windscreen cover of the policy. You must go to an approved windscreen repairer, a list of the approved repairers are available from Quinn. Mind you this is very much the same with all insurers from a personal experience. General insurance is not my area, but I have used Quinn in the past and had no difficulty with them, then again I fortunately never had to make a claim from them. Read their term and conditions and also compare the benefits under their policy to the other quotes to ensure you are getting like for like or as near to it as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

stumblina wrote: »
    does anyone know if there is anything wrong with getting insurance from Quinn Direct??
    Absolutely nothing at all. Read the small print to see what you are covered for but for a first time driver they are hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

stumblina wrote: »
    I am a learner driver, 21, less than a year of driving experience and quinn have given me a very good quote for my insurance. a lot cheaper than any other insurance companies. I was just wondering if there is a catch, because I've heard that they make it quite difficult to make a claim. does anyone know if there is anything wrong with getting insurance from Quinn Direct??

Warning warning, Red alert. If you do have a claim with them, you can expect your next quote to be astronomical. In saying that, when im shopping around again, ill still get a quote off them:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Regarding Quinn and claims. I made a claim with Quinn, I found them easy to deal with. They have regional claims staff who meet with you to take a statement and take a copy of your documents ect... I received my claim payment within 30 days of making the claim.

As mentioned above shop around and also be aware of the fact that the same company may give a different quote over the phone than that of an online quote.

Advertisement