Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless setup?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have internet bb from cleawire which is goin to my pc, and i have an eircom wireless router, can i setup a wireless connection through the house so i can pick it up on my laptop, if so how? My laptop is a bit dated and uses a D-Link wireless card. Do i need a clearwire router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

It might work depending on how the Clearwire device connects to the PC. Check first if the Clearwire device acts as a DHCP server. You can work this out by looking at your PC's IP address. Go to a DOS command prompt and type 'ipconfig /all' and post the results.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

For best results you need what is known as a cable router - that's one which has not got an integrated modem.

The eircom one will have an integrated modem so the results can be hit and miss. If it is a netopia model I think there may be a setting under the expert category which may allow you to do this. There have been various threads on this as it a popular question so might be worth doing a search.

Advertisement