Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Bundesliga fans here.

• 26-08-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A gang of us in work are heading to Berlin on the w/end of 17/18/19 Sept. Just wondering does anybody know who would be the nearest team to watch as I don't think Berlin have a team in the top tier at the moment.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Union v Hertha is on that weekend(19th). Battle of the Berlin sides from the 2. Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Berlin is a great city nightmare to get around tho its massive, 3 actual trains are needed to get from one place to another.

The Olympic stadium as one of the best stadiums i have ever been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Union v Hertha is on that weekend(19th). Battle of the Berlin sides from the 2. Bundesliga.

Amazing weekend to head over if you can manage to get tickets, would be very tough though.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Berlin is a great city nightmare to get around tho its massive, 3 actual trains are needed to get from one place to another.

Hardly a nightmare to get around! Amazing transport, the trains are class.

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Hardly a nightmare to get around! Amazing transport, the trains are class.

They are class as always on time but you need to get 3 of them and the middle one stops an hour earlier than the other 2. Also when pissed after a match its quite difficult to make trains :D

Stunning stadium tho

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29986568@N03/2867763403/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

They are class as always on time but you need to get 3 of them and the middle one stops an hour earlier than the other 2. Also when pissed after a match its quite difficult to make trains :D

Stunning stadium tho

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29986568@N03/2867763403/

Obviously enough it depends where you're going but yeah i can see where you're coming from in regard to going some places. Great city though and would be some experience getting to Union - Hertha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

I will do my best to get tkts to the Hertha game, only need 11. :D The funny thing is we work in transport here in Dublin. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Oatesy23 wrote: »

If you manage to get to this one, keep an eye out for our very own Patrick Kohlmann, Union Berlin left back and number 7, former Ireland u21 international! :D

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Obviously enough it depends where you're going but yeah i can see where you're coming from in regard to going some places. Great city though and would be some experience getting to Union - Hertha!

Its a brilliant city just imo too big, we did the sightseeing thing the day after the game Reichstag, charlie somfin.But serious amount of trains needed to get around.

<sad bastard moment> Berlin is actually 2 cities the old and new, when the wall was up both were built up around their own centres, when the wall came down you had basically 2 cities to be made into one. It explains why the trains run in certain ways</sad bastard moment> I paid attention on the tour bus :D

Theres another stadium and it may be used for that game, thankfully its not Uefa standard and we got the Olympic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Its a brilliant city just imo too big, we did the sightseeing thing the day after the game Reichstag, charlie somfin.But serious amount of trains needed to get around.

<sad bastard moment> Berlin is actually 2 cities the old and new, when the wall was up both were built up around their own centres, when the wall came down you had basically 2 cities to be made into one. It explains why the trains run in certain ways</sad bastard moment> I paid attention on the tour bus :D

Theres another stadium and it may be used for that game, thankfully its not Uefa standard and we got the Olympic :)

Knowing stuff doesn't make you a sad bastard!
    What's the story with match tickets? Do you get free transport around the city, or is it the entire country? If you're a Bayern Munich fan heading up to Hamburg and you have a match ticket do you get free trains for the day?

Advertisement