Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashy Flashy (xbox 360)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Your drive can't get into vendor mode. You need to get the drive into Mode B before you intro it AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

So what do I do?????? I assumed ut was ready to go because th light flashes constantly it opens and closes if you press it twice and it responds to windowds open/close commands. Does still mean its not in mode B????

I have tried a different slot with via card with no sucess, dos flash reacts the very same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can you try the tray half-open technique for setting vendor mode with DosFlasher?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Can you try the tray half-open technique for setting vendor mode with DosFlasher?

how do i go about that?

Watch from 1:10 to 2:10 to see the tray half open method

• Advertisement

If my memory serves me i belive the half open i only for key retrieval on 7 series lite-ons and drives which have been previously flashed with ixtreme.

Flashing a hitachi i would, remove via drivers as per manual, select winapi on the Hitachi page in JF, send mode-b command. Then depending on what version drive try the ram upload method and if not the other ones. What version hitachi do you have?

Also when you start JF make sure it says portio running in the dialog box at the bottom.

I replaced my broken Hitachi with a stock BenQ and used the half open method with DosFlasher (I had to use DF because JF wouldn't flash properly on Win7 x64)...worked perfectly first time.

Ok im in that half mode now and the xbox light is flashing away but dosflasher is still showing the same message as earlier.

As for using JF i can dump the drive using classic mode but cant use ram upload. I keep getting ram upload error.

Ignore the flashing xbox light, it's flashing because there is no drive detected. It has no bearing on what mode you're in.

Did you follow the jungleflasher tutorial you were linked to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dmcgrath

EnterNow wrote: »
    I replaced my broken Hitachi with a stock BenQ and used the half open method with DosFlasher (I had to use DF because JF wouldn't flash properly on Win7 x64)...worked perfectly first time.

When using x64 you need to find portIO 64 rather than 32 which is provided from most sites, it can be a bit fidely but one you have it working it works a treat

When using JF with XP it used to crash on me all the time and take ages to read and write the banks but with Win7 it takes me less than 5 mins to flash drives

• Advertisement

dmcgrath wrote: »
    When using x64 you need to find portIO 64 rather than 32 which is provided from most sites, it can be a bit fidely but one you have it working it works a treat

When using JF with XP it used to crash on me all the time and take ages to read and write the banks but with Win7 it takes me less than 5 mins to flash drives

I had PortIO x64, and JF read & flashed without errors. The firmware it flashed however wouldn't function with any discs, movies included. I flashed the very same bin file with Dosflasher & it worked first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dmcgrath

That's pretty strange, i haven't had any issues with it so far, at least DF worked

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Lads I just go an xbox elite and am a total noob who is looking for someone to flash the drive for me, any recommendations???:)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Lads I just go an xbox elite and am a total noob who is looking for someone to flash the drive for me, any recommendations???:)

I recommend you read the Modding Services sticky at the top of the forum and try to see if somebody is in your area :)

Advertisement