Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOSCO PUPPET!

• 26-08-2010 8:12pm
    Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭

HI, I DONT KNOW IF I'M IN THE RIGHT THREAD, BUT HERE GOES ANYWAY, I'M LOOKING TO BUY A "BOSCO" PUPPET, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I MAY BE ABLE TO PURCHASE ONE PLEASE! THANKS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rockds

yardeyar wrote: »
    HI, I DONT KNOW IF I'M IN THE RIGHT THREAD, BUT HERE GOES ANYWAY, I'M LOOKING TO BUY A "BOSCO" PUPPET, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I MAY BE ABLE TO PURCHASE ONE PLEASE! THANKS!

I had one of these when I was a kid. They're ultra rare... if you get one... count yourself very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 holly2004

i would love to get one of those too, ( a bosco puppet) you certainly are lucky if you have one, does anyone know where i can get one?

Would you all believe i think i have found someone who will make a bosco puppet for me
    is anyone else interested? im going to order it and see how it goes:D i mean if its like the real Bosco

i will be back soon to let you all know
    im so excited i cant wait

HOLLY:)

holly2004 wrote: »
    Would you all believe i think i have found someone who will make a bosco puppet for me
    is anyone else interested? im going to order it and see how it goes:D i mean if its like the real Bosco

That sounds cool:D

Do lets us know how you get on.

Funny thing happened today actually... I actually met Bosco :D

Hi Everyone.

Yes of course i will. I have ordered mine

I will be getting it in May, i cant wait. i will let you know how i get on.

If anyone else has one, i would love to know
    thanks
    Holly :D

• Advertisement

:)WOW

DID YOU ???? REALLY YOU MET BOSCO?????

WHERE????

WOW

:)WOW

DID YOU ???? REALLY YOU MET BOSCO?????

WHERE????

WOW

LOL:D Well when I say met Bosco... I saw a puppet sitting in front of me:D However, I "met" Paula Lambert who was doing a performance today.

Awe

thats lovely, where was that? is he as nice in real life??? :D i bet he's so cute

i hope we talk soon
    Holly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deano0

hi holly im trying to find a bosco doll for my wife for a wedding present this is all she wants and i dont want to leave her down,could you please let me know who is making your doll please if you can,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Any one know were i can get the magic door?:D

• Advertisement

Hi Deano

I would be delighted to help, im actually in the process of getting the doll made from a puppet maker. it will be another month before i actually have it. im just hoping it all goes welll for me, i hope its an exact match as i absolutely loved Bosco

I will let you know who did it for me once i have the finished product if you like, where actually are you?

Holly
    my name is dean im from waterford its jus my wife all she wants is a bosco puppet and i am mad to get her 1 but it seems almost impossible to get 1 anywhere,i really aprecciate you helping me :)

deano0 wrote: »
    my name is dean im from waterford its jus my wife all she wants is a bosco puppet and i am mad to get her 1 but it seems almost impossible to get 1 anywhere,i really aprecciate you helping me :)

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but believe me mate... you're chances are extremely slim. I have been looking for one for years and years, with not even a hint even coming close.

They were originally released circa '83 and for a couple years they were available. I had one and stupidly brought it into school and it got nicked. Wish I still had it... because they are really rare. In fact, I've never seen one come up on ebay or anywhere... so just take that all into account.

You would be incredibly lucky to get your hands on one of the originals. If you do get one... please stick up a few photos.:D

hi ya they are extremely rare, if you do get one, please let me know too

Holly

Hi Deano

whats your email address, i can email you tomorrow if you like

Holly

deanofacino94@hotmail.com now there ya go holly :)

hi

does anyone know how to remove a posting here??

Holly

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mrpuppetguy

Hey,
    I found a puppet maker who does custom puppets who made me a great Bosco puppet. Quite expensive because it take time. If your interested I can give you their email.

Regards,
    Ritchie

hi
    yes i would love his email, can you send it to me
    Holly

wow
    thats amazing, can you send me a pic of it? i might give them a go
    the guy i am on to is out in India

does yours look like the real one?
    HOLLY

dont know if you got my message, course i understand, did you get my messenger id?

just logging off now
    i hope we can talk soon
    send a message and let me know when you will be on
    Holly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flowers1038

hello just wanted to let yous know, that there is now an 1980 bosco puppet for sale on ebay.ie today: here is the link http://cgi.ebay.ie/ORIGNAL-BOSCO-PUPPET-/220815683412?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_TV_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item3369a3ef54#ht_ :)

hello just wanted to let yous know, that there is now an 1980 bosco puppet for sale on ebay.ie today: here is the link http://cgi.ebay.ie/ORIGNAL-BOSCO-PUPPET-/220815683412?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_TV_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item3369a3ef54#ht_ :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!! €499:eek::eek::eek: That's ridiculous! It would want to come in it's original box and never have been opened for that kind of money... it's in really bad shape for that price.

:eek:Some poor sucker has actually placed a bid. I'd rather wait, as they do come up... rarely, yes, but they still do come up. A mate found one at a car boot sale for €10... in great nick. Another was up on Ebay, not so long ago.

wow
    thats amazing

must have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Emmabd

I have a Bosco puppet, have just been informed how rare they are! (I live in Australia now) Did the one on ebay really sell for 499??

Emmabd wrote: »
    I have a Bosco puppet, have just been informed how rare they are! (I live in Australia now) Did the one on ebay really sell for 499??

Hi there,

I didn't... thank god. That was a total rip off. As I said in my previous reply... they are rare but in no way are they that rare to warrant a silly price of €499. There were 2 bids, but suspiciously, the item was withdrawn from the listing before the auction end time... I'm not saying there was anything dodgy, but it is a bit suspect.

They do pop up occasionally and don't tend to fetch too much

If you have one, i would love to buy him from you
    Holly:D

Bosco puppet wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 princessdaisy

i have an original bosco puppet (slieve bawn from 1982), and will sell it if anyone is interested.

i have an original bosco puppet (slieve bawn from 1982), and will sell it if anyone is interested.
    Pm for you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cdb123

Hi,

I have a much-loved original Bosco puppet for sale (30 years old this year) so definitely a good collector's item. 1982 Slieve Bawn. Please see images of him below.

Will sell for the right price.

Get in touch to make an offer.

Thanks,
    Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I have an original Bosco puppet also it in a real bad state though - should have taken more care of it :(

hi would love to buy him from you

• Registered Users Posts: 14 norris81

I saw that there was an article in the Herald about a bidding war for Bosco http://www.herald.ie/news/500-bidding-war-over-rare-bosco-puppet-2830404.html ,

Bumping this thread for his 30th anniversary, I have an original that I would be willing to sell, I have PM'ed Holly already, any other interested parties please PM me in case Holly is no longer a member here

All reasonable offers considered.

Cheers

how much do you want for it?
    Holly

i saw an article in the herald for 1 goin for 500euro and saw a few on adverts.ie

however im not a rip off merchant and know u really want one

how much wud u pay for it? and if u live in dublin ill drop it over to u

• Advertisement

sorry thats way too much, no way could i afford that, besides i believe at the time you prob only paid about 10 pounds at the most
    sorry
    Holly

holly its a 30 year old collectors item, i bought it in 1982, how much are u willing to pay for it? any reasonable offer wil be accepted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 whatsinaname

@norris81- I saw your ad on adverts. €150 seems a fair price to me considering the price that others are looking for the bosco puppet. It might be worth moving your ad from the "toys" section to the "memorabilia" section. That's the section that all the other bosco's are for sale in. Your ad might be being overlooked by collectors. I have one myself up in the attic. I can't believe what they're selling for! I think I'll hold on to mine for sentimental reasons.
    Anyway good luck with the sale and fair play to you for not being greedy.

Hi Norris

I know what you mean by sentimental reasons, you should hold onto it.

i have found one online and im delighted to , i loved Bosco as a child but my parents at the time prob couldn't afford one, i don't actually remember them being on sale then, i must be too young at the time
    I can't wait to get mine soon
    Holly

Hi Norris

I know what you mean by sentimental reasons, you should hold onto it.

i have found one online and im delighted to , i loved Bosco as a child but my parents at the time prob couldn't afford one, i don't actually remember them being on sale then, i must be too young at the time
    I can't wait to get mine soon
    Holly

The last post was not from "norris81", it was from "whatsinaname". I think norris81 is still selling his bosco. I was just commenting on the fact that he seems like a decent chap and he's not out to rip anyone off.

@holly2004 ; Glad to here you finally got your hands on a bosco (well almost;as long as he doesn't get lost in the post!) Which internet site did you get it off in the end? Are you going to tell us what you paid for it? It might get some of the lads on Adverts.ie to drop their prices a little!

I honestly think €150 - €250 is all anyone should be paying for a bosco depending on condition. I think it would be good to know how many of them were actually made. I wonder if the people who made them are still in business? I'm sure there are loads of bosco's tucked away in attics all over the country.

Hope your bosco arrives safely.

• Advertisement

Yes i totally agree, there must be lots of Bosco's up in attics all over the country. Yes of course i can let you know how much i paid for mine, i paid 200 pounds (sterling).
    I think thats a fair price as they are so rare now and very special.
    I think it was slieve bawn handcraft made them that time, but i'm not sure if they are still in business. I think if they are, they should do a remake of them, I'm sure lots of people would buy one
    i certainly would
    Holly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

There is 7 of them for sale on adverts so they can't be that rare and someone is trying to sell one for 800 Euro thats madness.

I used to have one but don't know where it is now probably in my attic somewhere.

that really is madness and anyone who would pay that would have to be crazy
    my reason for buying one is Bosco means alot to me from my childhood
    he is special
    i think you should have a look for your one, but don't sell it, keep it for memories, you prob have nice memories of Bosco too
    Holly

Thanks for letting us know how much you paid. £200 sterling is about the right money I'd say. It will be interesting to see if they increase much in value over the next few decades. I don't think you'll be selling him any time soon.

ya that dont sound bad, its a pity they are all so expensive though, its all about memories of my childhood for me, i certainly wont ever be selling mine
    :D
    I love him too much lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Look what I found while searching Bosco on vinyl :D

Hi
    Just wondering does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Bosco Memorabillia? how many things were actually made?
    Holly

I just got a real Bosco puppet I bought online, he's got the RTE logo also, he's so cute, at last i was able to source a real one online
    so happy, they seem to be a few around though, since i started looking alot of them have been put up for sale
    I will never sell mine

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

a question that has come up.....can you go to the zoo without a bosco puppet?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AVPU

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, I found my Bosco doll last week. He's one of the rarer cloth face ones, in pretty good nick, with all of his hair. I can't find much info about them, and especially the RTE Bosco Puppet tag (Hand 'n Glove puppet company).

Anybody have one of these ones? (Couldn't believe the price they're going for)

• Advertisement
Advertisement