Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plasterboard

• 26-08-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

i know with plasterboard there is 2 sides to use one that you plaster on and one you can paint/paper.what i would like to know is which side do i stick tiles to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

The writing on the plasterboard must face the wall that you are putting it on. That's the only rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Good man redsteve your on the ball there.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You shouldn't really tile directly on to plasterboard.
    Green Plasterboard "moisture board" is specially made for tiling on to and really should be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

mfceiling wrote: »
    You shouldn't really tile directly on to plasterboard.
    Green Plasterboard "moisture board" is specially made for tiling on to and really should be used.

Is there much of a price difference between the two?

What is the process for putting up plasterboard at an internal corner? Do you get the two pieces of board to meet as close together and use adhesive tape in the corner?

Also, what adhesive is used for dabbing board onto a solid wall?

K.
    Sorry for the thread hijack.

• Advertisement

Green board is a bit dearer per sheet....i think i pay about €4.50 extra per sheet.
    With internal corners you board in tight to each other - try to make sure you have studs down each corner to screw the boards on to.
    Normally scrim tape or paper tape can be used here on the internal corner.
    To "dab" the boards on to a block wall you need lafarge/gypsum "sticking" compound.....comes in a green and white bag and is mixed up the same as plaster.

mfceiling wrote: »
    To "dab" the boards on to a block wall you need lafarge/gypsum "sticking" compound.....comes in a green and white bag and is mixed up the same as plaster.

Can you get ready made stuff as it's only a very small area I need to dab?

No you can't buy it ready made.
    It normally only costs about €8 a bag anyway so it's not too bad price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GARR

Sorry for hijack
    I've got standard plasterboard up already,lookin to tile over it,should I pre-treat it??polybond??
    Thanks
    Gar

GARR wrote: »
    Sorry for hijack
    I've got standard plasterboard up already,lookin to tile over it,should I pre-treat it??polybond??
    Thanks
    Gar

Yeah you need to pretreat. Use something like PVA. You can get it in most DIY places/builders providers. Mix 1 part PVA to 5 parts water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement