Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I have no issue with any of your decisions. They are fair and the advise to all parties involved is perfectly acceptable. I have no wish for any moderator to lose their status, and I feel the issues raised have been dealt with sufficiently.
    r3nu4l wrote: »
    Issue 7:
    Can you point out where you feel you were personally abused on that thread? I'd like to review that.

This is the only other point I want discussed. If there was abuse I'd like to see then whether the mods also warned other users on-thread or whether demonspawn alone was singled out for warnings.
    My next post satirizing Pyramidiots will be in written in pink, with a fistful of these things frown.gifeek.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifcool.gifpacman.gifconfused.gif at the end smile.gif

This a quote from robindch, a moderator on the A&A forum and the moderator my case was referred to by Dades. As I was the only one expressing my beliefs regarding the pyramids, I see no reason why I should not take personal offense to such a comment. This is just one example of the abuse I had to put up with throughout the entire thread. It's understandable therefore why I would take offense to Dades referring this problem to robindch.

As far as reporting insulting posts, I was sent a PM by Dades where he said he did not respond to a report I made as he didn't feel that I was being insulted. I believe if a poster is insulted enough to report a post then the moderator should at least have to courtesy to address it in the thread. Dades allowed other users to say whatever they liked. This mob mentality is evident by the number of thanks Dades received for banning me. If these people had a problem with me, they didn't have to respond in the thread I created in the first place. A&A just seems a place to come and bash on each other with no consequence, unless your views clash with those of the regular clientele and moderators.

I admit I made some generalized comments regarding atheists, but they were no different to the generalized insults I was receiving with no action taken against those posters. I was punished, they were not. A clear case of bias if you ask me. I will personally never post in the section of the forums again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

However, I do think it's insulting to accuse a poster of being unable to tell fantasy and reality apart. I don't like that at all. I'd ask Scofflaw to reconsider his wording in 'Official PMs' in future instances.

That seems reasonable - I accept the rebuke and the suggestion, and offer my apologies to demonspawn.

apologetically,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Scofflaw wrote: »
    That seems reasonable - I accept the rebuke and the suggestion, and offer my apologies to demonspawn.

apologetically,
    Scofflaw

Thanks. I apologize for being a blockhead at times, I guess it's just in my nature. I do realize how frustrating modding the politics boards can be so I don't hold anything against you. Hopefully we can clear the slate and start again.

Advertisement