Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning down an offer

• 26-08-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I applied for a course in Tallaght IT (as a mature student, done my LC in 2005, and was in DIT after that) there in April, but due to financial reasons mainly, I won't be able to do college this year. Do I have to ring the CAO to tell them that I'm not bothering with college or do I just do nothing at all? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

If you accepted your offer when they came out last Monday, call them and let them know you want to withdraw.
    If you havent accepted it, just do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I applied for a course in Tallaght IT (as a mature student, done my LC in 2005, and was in DIT after that) there in April, but due to financial reasons mainly, I won't be able to do college this year. Do I have to ring the CAO to tell them that I'm not bothering with college or do I just do nothing at all? Thanks.
    You may want to defer ... you might be able to take up your place next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

just defer it, and it will be there for you next year.http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index5.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Thanks for the replies. I didn't accept it, so I just won't do anything so.

I don't want to defer, as I'm now planning on doing night courses instead (preferably in the same college) next year. It's cheaper, and I'll be able to keep my job aswell (which is essential in this climate!)

Advertisement