Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Needs Phone!

Options
  • 26-08-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, my cheap old Nokia is banjaxed so I've decided to finally get something a bit more stylish this time.

Would appreciate any help.

Features - Camera, GPS, FM radio (although not necessary), Bluetooth, good memory (hate having to delete messages to make space), good battery.
    Form factor – Flip/slide phone with keyboard AND touchscreen if possible or just flip phone with keyboard. Silver or another colour.
    Internet – Would like WiFi at least. Not sure what the difference is between mobile internet/3G/EDGE. Wouldn’t be using it for anything major just e-mailing, social networking, etc.
    Operator – Meteor but would change if necessary.
    Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have always been pre-pay.
    Price range – max. around €300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Check this out: https://store.meteor.ie/phones/sony_ericsson_x10_mini_pro/#what-you-get-tab

Meteor pre-pay
    Camera/GPS/Radio/BT
    Slide out keyboard + Touchscreen
    WiFi

even runs Android

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

only thing comes to my mind is this N97 Mini

or this Nokia N900 or the Sony Erricson X10 mini Pro...

though the N900 is overpriced lmao :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tictac88

Sound, thanks. I like the Sony Ericsson and the Nokia N97.

Might go with the Sony Ericsson but had to use the google machine to found out what "Android" meant...still don't really know! I'm sure it's good.:)

the sony erricson has no updates still running quite an oldish type of android ...its mean to get some updates at the end of this year to enable new android features... its still quite a stylish and good phone :)

SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro

though do search some reviews as the user interface is not android but a custom Sony Ericsson user interface on top of android... so have a good snipping around some say battery life isnt great

though i would go for the SE

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tictac88

Would really prefer the phone on the right here as regards size http://www.gsmarena.com/showpic2.php3?sImg=reviewsimg/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-mini-pro/gal/gsmarena_011.jpg

Know what the exact make of this is? Is it available in Ireland?

On second thoughts that SE is tiny and review called it "chunky"

• Advertisement

well it might be a bit thicker than the original X10 cause of the keyboard

the N97 mini would be closer to the size of the LG beside the X10 mini...its a bit taller than the LG phone there

23613946.png

the N97 isnt as polished up as the X10 mini but it does the job :) you get free gps with the nokia too...

N97 mini

nokia C6 is another alternative just not sure if any carrier sells it :)

if your willing to go private you could get it off adverts.ie

New Nokia C6

i got my phone there got no problems :)

Advertisement