Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA registration letter

Options
  • 26-08-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

When I rang the college they told me to say I would be starting monday 20th of september to the social welfare in relation to the BTEA.

Now I found out that my registration day is not until friday the 24th , so I cannot get the registration letter until friday,(and then it will be dated friday 24th so will this mean I lose out on a weeks pay)? as I would be due to get paid on the wednesday usually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

When I rang the college they told me to say I would be starting monday 20th of september to the social welfare in relation to the BTEA.

Now I found out that my registration day is not until friday the 24th , so I cannot get the registration letter until friday,(and then it will be dated friday 24th so will this mean I lose out on a weeks pay)? as I would be due to get paid on the wednesday usually.

I don't understand your logic at all - You will be going from JSB or JSA to BTEA so I don't see why you would lose a weeks pay. If you're that worried ring the social welfare and tell them the date has changed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

My logic is this:

They dole office will be twidling their thumbs on monday the 20th waiting for me to arrive with the registration letter-so they can lodge my payment in mon/tue night for wednesday the 22nd.

But this won't happen because I can't get the letter until friday the 24th-so I will have missed my pay on wednesday, because the idiots in the college said I would register on monday, when in reality its not until friday.

Looks like I'll have to drop in the the SW and explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Thing is, you won't be paid BTEA immediately.

The SW wait up to a month after college starts and when they're satisfied you've been attending your course full-time, they begin to pay out and you also recieve the back-pay owed.

HoPpiE wrote: »
    Thing is, you won't be paid BTEA immediately.

The SW wait up to a month after college starts and when they're satisfied you've been attending your course full-time, they begin to pay out and you also recieve the back-pay owed.

So you don't collect any cash in the post office in the meantime? How do they expect people to live in the meantime the fools....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

What I was told yesterday (since I had to hand in my application then) was that I could show them my acceptance letter from college as my college registration days are on 6th and 7th so I couldnt get letter until then, and that if they need to see it then they will ask for it later.

And there should be no problem with going from Jobseekers to BTEA, but I will get it into bank account and not sign at a post office...

• Advertisement

Yeah hopefully they won't take weeks to change over that would be ridiculous, I gave them my bank account number too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

OK guys, I'm just going on what I was told when I applied the week before last. Did seem a bit silly to me, though.

But would you actually be that surprised if what I said was the case?

Obviously I hoping I can claim SW until I get BTEA or I'm screwed.

Maybe there's somebody on here who has been in this situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Did it last year, they just put back my signing day so they'd have time to make the decision and I could attend college in the meantime. Took around a week to get approval, just had to bring in my registration letter as soon as I got it, hand it in at the desk and money started coming into bank account from then on. All happy, no stress, fuss or trauma

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

What they have done for me as of this week is put my allowance into my bank account.
    I went in to chat to the nice folk yesterday and they said that even though I'm not due to start until the end of Sept they will transfer my usual allowance to my account going forward until June next year.

In order to get the €500 book grant though I have to provide proof of registration which is fair enough but my normal weekly payment is unchanged.

Advertisement