Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Harvest Time

• 26-08-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

HI,These are some pics I took last night on the way home. It was late so some are a bit grainy from high ISO. On the other hand I realised how good a fast lens is (f1.7 nifty fifty)
    4929776961_9b3125cbeb.jpg

4929760959_28d2e99c35.jpg

4930347376_9114351d15.jpg

4. maybe crop a bit more (cut left off slightly)
    4929752929_c07bb6c15e.jpg

5. (My fav)
    4927847472_e2e17f43e9.jpg

4927199729_363594111f.jpg

4927820274_8a101ec196.jpg

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

For C&C and Landscape shots they should be larger, detail is important in Landscape shots IMO

I can see noise in a lot of the shots and it's distracting so maybe longer exposure times would've helped and a tripod? These were done at dusk I take it yes?
    They also could do with some fill light/higer exposure.
    Would've liked to see your exif information.

I love the composition of the shots which in these type of shots are not always esy to be original.

#4 and #6 would be my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

For C&C and Landscape shots they should be larger, detail is important in Landscape shots IMO

I can see noise in a lot of the shots and it's distracting so maybe longer exposure times would've helped and a tripod? These were done at dusk I take it yes?
    They also could do with some fill light/higer exposure.

They were taken at about 9:30 at night, was just passing so didn't have tripod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hi Dineenp I'm no pro at all so don't know if my opinion will be of any value to you :), but for what it's worth I like :
    # 1, colours could pop a tad bit more, but I definitely like.
    # 5 : good as it is, and actually I would have loved to see the colours on that. I like that it places me, the viewer, in a particular spot/context in relation to the pic, and that sort of starts a story.

I would have liked #2 but the blurry left hand foreground is a bit too much for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Very nice, they could be real beauties with less noise. If you have Lightroom you could fire some fill light on them as AR suggested, and use some controlled Luminance noise reduction. They look a little under-exposed too, understandably with no tripod, you couldn't go very long, but again, with a program like LR you could up the exposure a notch in PP.

Advertisement