Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted or Uncharted 2?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting a ps3 at the weekend and what to get an uncharted game as I'm hearing some great things about them, question is which one should I get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If you're really excited, both. Can pick up both of them pre-owned for decent prices. €10 - €15 for Uncharted and €20 to €25 for Uncharted 2. If you just want to randomly play one then just go for Uncharted 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yes I would pick both but if forced to pick one I would go for the second one. Purely because of that bunker level in the first one. Utter **** of a level that really shat all over the game.

Ah I loved em both. You get more bang for your buck out of Uncharted 2 though. Better story, visuals, gameplay and then throw in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Purely because of that bunker level in the first one. Utter **** of a level that really shat all over the game.

Can u describe the bunker level as I cant remember it?

I've played both, loved both, but 2 is better imo. Bring on 3!

foundry wrote: »
    Can u describe the bunker level as I cant remember it?
    Think he means the bunker after
    Eddy Raja is killed by them...thingys....and they chase you down the tunnel to the bunker
    ...at least I think thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

UC2, the first one is basically a trial run for the 2nd, and that fcuking bunker level, grrrrrrr....almost made me stop playing it.

I didn't mind the bunker level at all. You really should get both of them. You'd be missing out on some damn fine gaming by only getting one. The second one is better but the first game is still amazing and not to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

If you have to get just one, pick up Uncharted 1 for now and get U2 at a later date. It's better to experience the story of the first one and get a feel for the game before getting the second one. Yes the second ones a better game, but playing the first will just make you want to play it more then afterwards.

And if you can get both now, do ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

i got my PS3 at Xmas with UC2. Amazing game. I then picked up UC1 for about 15 euro pre owned. Its a very good game too, but far less polished than part two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Get the first 1 to begin with because if your only getting a ps3 now you wont have experienced other next gen games therefore the first one will amaze you. Then get the second one to totally blow you away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tonydude wrote: »
    Get the first 1 to begin with because if your only getting a ps3 now you wont have experienced other next gen games therefore the first one will amaze you. Then get the second one to totally blow you away :D

Good point, the 1st is still a very pretty game, but the second is stunning in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

tonydude wrote: »

+1, get both, but the first one first. Two amazing games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

**** it get tomb raider first. Then play Uncharted then it will really blow your mind. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Probably could get both, you see there is a deal in argos for a ps3 250 GB and two free games, the two uncharted's belong to it but I kinda wanted some variety and not fell like I only got one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If you're buying your PS3 in Argos you can get a 250GB console with 2 games for €350.

Uncharted 1 and 2 are in the list of selected games along with Infamous, Little Big Planet and Resistance 2... Might have been another game thrown in there but I forget which one.

EDIT: D'oh. Only saw your post there mate. I chose Uncharted and Resistance 2. Uncharted 2 could be gotten cheap second hand these days so if you want a bit of variety I'd maybe go for those two if FPS games are your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I'd get Uncharted 2 if not getting both,I thaught the first one got very repetitive tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

BOTH! :)

They are quite short (each should only take six to ten hours) and are great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    So I'm getting a ps3 at the weekend and what to get an uncharted game as I'm hearing some great things about them, question is which one should I get?

Both are cracking games. GEt the first and you will then love playing the second even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Op get both,

Sure you don't need to play one to play the other, but the story does slightly continue.
    I got both last year uncharted 1 for 10 quid in belfast when i was up there and then you'll notice how much better the second one is.

There not a long game by any stretch i got them 1st week in november completed the 2 of them by christmas last year and that was with very little playing time over all.

Seriously worth getting the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭elchupanebrey

I loved both, well worth getting the two at some stage if not now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing uncharted 2 now on crushing, it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Get the first one ! Its a continuing story and you should do one and then the other ! Plus UC2 will be cheaper by the time you get to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Varik wrote: »
    Playing uncharted 2 now on crushing, it's a great game.
    Yeah, I got the platinum then they decided to add in all the trophies for inline game mode, so I have the platinum, but only about 75% of trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Get the original game first, he won't have a clue who the characters in the second otherwise.

Why would people recommend the second game first, it's not like he's not going to be able to afford the €20 for the second one in a couple of weeks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

both the first one is dirt cheap at this stage :pac:......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gizmo wrote: »
    Get the original game first, he won't have a clue who the characters in the second otherwise.

Why would people recommend the second game first, it's not like he's not going to be able to afford the €20 for the second one in a couple of weeks. :o

here's half the work done
    pa140851.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

kwestfan08 wrote: »

both!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mixednuts wrote: »
    both!

I concur.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Both of them, but if not then get Uncharted. I think its better than the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

get uncharted 1 first just to play in chronological order - then the second - after playing the first you'll love it and then have to get the second - you should be able to pick them up pretty cheap anyways so defo get them both...

you'll not regret it

Advertisement