Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springsteen Darkness new release - holy sh*t!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Cost 92 euro if ordered from Sony's website (T Shirt and poster thrown in).

The Born to Run box was amazing but this is on another level altogether. I've heard poor quality bootlegs of some of the outtakes and it'll be great to heard good quality versions (Candy's Boy, One Way Street and Gotta Get that feeling are fantastic - unfortunately the brilliant 'Janey Needs a Shooter' is missing but I'm sure that will appear on some future release). The live DVDs should be great - the versions of Backstreets and Prove it all Night he used to do at the time were amazing. And if the documentary is half as good as the one with the BTR box, it will be great.

Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's a clip on brucespringsteen.net from the documentary of Bruce and Stevie messing around with Sherrie Darling on a piano, it has to be seen to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

I'd prefer him to do another solo acoustic album. I actually prefer stripped down 'Nebraska-Tom Joad' Bruce to the E Street Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

How can a song like 'save my love for you' not have seen the light of day until now??

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html - scroll down to after the press release and video.

The line from Little Steven about Bruce havin an album and a half in his back pocket at any given time looks truer and truer.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Neil Young should pay attention and learn how to put together a proper box set.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Thanks for that, it sounds great. Can't wait to get a proper listen,

The Promise cd has leaked - go get it!

• Advertisement

Had a listen to a bit of it earlier, naturally it's pure quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dtreaty

:D

Made my day anyways.
    Amazing to think how much material he has. And tis more amazing to think how much material he hasnt released. a writing genius

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

Where's the best place to get the boxset?

It would take a few days to arrive via Amazon after it's released. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

National Public Radio link to stream of 'The Promise'. Some interesting alternative versions:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130858856

Listened to it a couple of times now. A bit mixed, though there are some gems there. How classic songs like 'City of Night' and 'Candy's Boy' could remain (officially) unreleased for 32 years is a huge mystery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I have to say, darkness on the edge of town, is probably my least favourite Springsteen album! Apart from the title track and badlands i can't really take to it. I'd defo be interested in that born to run set though, i didn't know anything about it until now. Best album ever recorded:)

'Gotta get that feelin' has been on heavy rotation through my head ever since I first heard it. There's a lot of slow Bruce on this album that I haven't given a chance yet, but eventually they seep through. Racing in the Street is pretty amazing though, worth buying the CD for I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I have to say, darkness on the edge of town, is probably my least favourite Springsteen album! Apart from the title track and badlands i can't really take to it. I'd defo be interested in that born to run set though, i didn't know anything about it until now. Best album ever recorded:)

I saw this somewhere recently for around 25 euro (usually around 40/45). I think it may have been the Tower Records shop in Easons, though I'm not certain.

• Advertisement

Enjoying this cd over the weekend - roll on next weekend when we'll have the lot, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I've resisted the temptation to listen to it by now so I may as well hang on until the weekend. Anyone have any idea how much Tower will be selling the box set for? I'd like to buy it there if I can.

Tower are charging €139.99!!

HMV will be €94.99

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Tower are charging €139.99!!

HMV will be €94.99

Are you serious? That's some price differential. HMV it is then.

Are you serious? That's some price differential. HMV it is then.

They've changed the price to €99.99 (Tower). Was definitely €139.99 on Tues night on their website.

Now that's more like it. You reckon they should have it tomorrow, given the official release date is Monday?

Now that's more like it. You reckon they should have it tomorrow, given the official release date is Monday?

Irish release date is tomorrow.

Bought the set yesterday. It's packaged beautifully. Just watched the live dvd. Its absolutely brilliant - almost worth the 95 euro on its own.

Bought the set yesterday. It's packaged beautifully. Just watched the live dvd. Its absolutely brilliant - almost worth the 95 euro on its own.

Sony sent no blurays to Ireland seemingly, amazon havin a problem with them also. Almost bought the dvd in lieu but think I'll wait. HMV Blanch sold out of DVD, none in Swords either. Think Sony have fcuuked up.

Already have the cd and docu to enjoy in the meantime anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Carl.Gustav

over 100 quid lol, srsly lol,

I'm not interested in Bruce but to hear he is charging over 100 notes I'm going to download
    this and seed it forever

Advertisement