Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springsteen Darkness new release - holy sh*t!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

over 100 quid lol, srsly lol,

I'm not interested in Bruce but to hear he is charging over 100 notes I'm going to download
    this and seed it forever

Have you actually read any of the previous posts? The set is 95 euro. Use any currency converter to find out what that means in 'quids'. Anyway, nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

^^ not sure he knows it's 3 dvd + 3 cd + a book.

Still....i've not forked out the money, and it's 90 euro in Zhivago in Galway if anyone's interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

over 100 quid lol, srsly lol,

I'm not interested in Bruce but to hear he is charging over 100 notes I'm going to download
    this and seed it forever

Good luck downloading and seeding the book. I hope you get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Stunning packaging, I've never seen anthing like it. Re-mastered Darkness also stunning, you can really hear Max's drums go BOOM BOOM...

Bruce was on Jimmy Fallon's show last night, well worth seeking out.

• Advertisement

Bruce was on Jimmy Fallon's show last night, well worth seeking out.

Just saw it, it's on Jungleland if one wants it for prosterity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Maybe this is for a Springsteen forum, (if thee isnt one, there should be! :)"

Some of the reviewers are getting a bit mixed up over the song "the Promise" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkZkcfITuVU

The review in the Times says it is the second part of "Born to Run", the Independant says it is a follow up to "Racing in the Street" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzG_4cmes

I cant (too lazy) find a link to the article but it was in the review section of the Friday papers..

My understanding was that it was the second part/follow up to Thuunder Road, here are some of the lyrics;

"And when the promise was broken I was far away from home
    Sleepin' in the back seat of a borrowed car
    Thunder Road, for the lost lovers and all the fixed games
    Thunder Road, for the tires rushing by in the rain
    Thunder Road, Billy and me we'd always say
    Thunder Road, we were gonna take it all and throw it all away"

His best song in my opinion...

So what do ye think, am I wrong or is it lazy journalism?

You're right, TR. But generally his own response to the idea of BTR album tho.

Watching Prove It frm Houston 78 now. This is how it shoud be. The Script should be made sit down and WATCH this show!

The Script should never be mentioned in a Springsteen thread.

The Script should never be mentioned in a Springsteen thread.

Agrees, I feel a angery mob forming armed with pitchforks, torches and firewood and a stake :mad:

I actually broke up with a girl because she said that Springsteen was the male equivalent to Celene Dion :(:(:eek::mad:

• Advertisement

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Agrees, I feel a angery mob forming armed with pitchforks, torches and firewood and a stake :mad:

I actually broke up with a girl because she said that Springsteen was the male equivalent to Celene Dion :(:(:eek::mad:

You did the right thing. Although isn't Celine Dion the male equivilent to Celine Dion?

You did the right thing. Although isn't Celine Dion the male equivilent to Celine Dion?

You have confused me so much that i have taken some Oxycontin, Valium and cracked open a bottle of vodka.

Just watch my posts on Boards tonight getting slowly more incoherent, racist, sexist, bigoted, egotistic, vulgar and daft.

I thank y ou..

I'll be back later in a similar state, so they will appear most normal to me.

I'll be back later in a similar state, so they will appear most normal to me.

Good job.

I spent the day in the Land Rover listening to the Promise. "Racing in the Street" is beyond words!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

It's one of the best packaged releases I've ever bought. So much attention to detail. More importantly, the 'new' music is brilliant. Can't stop singing Someday and Wrong Side Of The Street.

Thats it, I declare "Racing in the street" as my favourite song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Thats it, I declare "Racing in the street" as my favourite song.

I'm beginning to agree with you there.

Bollix, did that work?

How do i place a utube video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Carl.Gustav

Good luck downloading and seeding the book. I hope you get caught.

digital books ?

kindle etc

My understanding was that it was the second part/follow up to Thuunder Road, here are some of the lyrics;
    So what do ye think, am I wrong or is it lazy journalism?

I knew I was right, he says it in the introduction here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkZkcfITuVU

"This is a song I wrote as a follow up to Thunder Road"

Lazy journalism..

• Advertisement
Advertisement