Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about LC Japanese.

• 26-08-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

I'm about to start 5th year next week, and I'm gonna take up Japanese outside school, because I'm only doing 5 other honours.
    So I have a few questions.

1. Apart from Nihongo Tankan, are there any other books that you'd recommend getting? Books for the kanas and kanji, for example?
    2. Can I buy a Japanese exam paper book in your everyday schoolbook store (e.g. ABC) ?
    3. How long is the course? And how much time would I want to be spending on it per day/week? I'm aiming for a high B, if possible.
    4. The most important question - Does anyone know of an evening/weekend LC Japanese class in the Galway area?

Domo arigato!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Konbanwa!
    This might just be the answer to your prayers. It's a 12 week programme of 2 hour lessons for Japanese
    http://www.languageinstitute.ie/courses.php?ID=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

CianDon wrote: »
    Konbanwa!
    This might just be the answer to your prayers. It's a 12 week programme of 2 hour lessons for Japanese
    http://www.languageinstitute.ie/courses.php?ID=19

I seriously love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Ok here we go.
    1. First of all it's nihongo kantan and it's a series of three books, that, hiragana kantan and katakana kantan. The second two are for learning hirgana and katakana respectively but are not necessary to buy. For the leaving cert course you don't really need any other book, but if you do non leaving cert specific classes you could use any number of other similar books like genki or minna no nihongo or something else.

2. No unfortunately you can't buy Japanese exam papers in the shop but go to www.examinations.ie , the sec's site and you can view or download all of the old papers, marking schemes and aural tapes
    for free.

3. The course is technically a two year course but I've sorta been doing it slightly longer or shorter. I don't know it really depends because it is a language and everyone learns languages at different speeds. Depending how well you can learn it and how much extra work you're willing to put in, an hour or two long class every weekend might be sufficient. As I said it all depends.

4. Someones already helped u there i see.

Anything else there? Mail me if u want

Advertisement