Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting Venetian Blinds

• 26-08-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I've a small problem in relation to Venetian Blinds. I was hoping to fit some myself but unfortunately most of my window frames are measuring as awkward widths, i.e. three are 118cm (approx) and the closest standard blind fitting seems to be 120cm.

Is it easy enough to use some sort of blind cutter to adjust the width so it fits better?

Ideally I'd love to be able to do it myself as doing it DIY compared to the cost of getting them made to fit is a no-brainer really.

Thanks in advance.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

Check everywhere for the blinds, Woodies, Harry Corry. I actually found 1 in Argos to fit 1 of my windows. Would not use a cutter to shorten them, nearly impossible to get a perfect edge on them. Measure your windows from wall to wall and edge of pane of glass to other edge (just about window coverage). Then go and look for blinds in between these measurements. Should give you more of a range. If the worst comes to the worst get them made and tell them you will fit them yourself to save a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Cheers for the reply.

Whats happened is new windows have just been installed so I removed the roller blinds that were up. Now that the reveals have been re-plastered I'm sure I've lost a cm or two (cant be sure as I hadn't measured the widths before and blinds are well gone in the skip!).

I'll check all the other shops and see whether there is more variation there. Failing that I'll price getting them made to order.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Every house in the country must have some of those cheap "ready fit" blinds, that dont fit anywhere. Go to a reputable blind shop, that do free measuring and fitting. The quality is generally much better than those readifit yokes.

Advertisement