Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle time Blackrock dart station to campus

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Judging from the parking threads here it doesn't look good in terms of parking spaces especially at the start of the year at all. :( So I'm trying to come up with other options. I know someone who lives close to the dart station in Blackrock so I guess I could leave a bike at their house and cycle up. Could work if I can get a bus to connect with the dart. Would that be realistic? Any one have any estimates of how long that may take me to cycle that distance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Its less than 3 miles. 20 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Where are you coming from? 3 different modes of transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

About 20 minutes, It isn't that far of a cycle but it is up and down hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

The number 17 bus goes from Blackrock DART station to UCD but it's unreliable. Cycling 20-25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

unknown13 wrote: »
    About 20 minutes, It isn't that far of a cycle but it is up and down hills.

If you go via the rock road, and then go up the road before the first Texaco (Trimlestone?) there's almost no hill and it leaves you right across from the front gate of UCD. I'd say it takes around the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Booterstown dart would be closer for cycling wouldn't it?

stop wrote: »
    Booterstown dart would be closer for cycling wouldn't it?

Sydney parade would be even closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

No way. Booterstown is way closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

The OP said Blackrock because they have a friend that lives there where she can put her bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I can make it in fifteen minutes....

But I wouldn't necessarily recommend that speed :D

20-25 mins is fine.

Forget 17 bus.

If you see a 114 bus you can get it and then link up with the N11 which has almost 300 buses a day which go to UCD (average waiting time is 4 minutes)

Otherwise up Mount Merrion Ave it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'm in Blackrock as well and I'm a first year :( I was hoping to get the bus but by the look of things here cycling seems to be the only option...Can anyone tell me how far blackrock dart station is from blackrock west hall? I live in Mayo and I've booked this all online so i don't have a clue what it looks like. thanks :)

I'm in Blackrock as well and I'm a first year :( I was hoping to get the bus but by the look of things here cycling seems to be the only option...Can anyone tell me how far blackrock dart station is from blackrock west hall? I live in Mayo and I've booked this all online so i don't have a clue what it looks like. thanks :)

10 minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

alan4cult wrote: »
    No way. Booterstown is way closer.

Depends on which part of campus you are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

It's just Blackrock is where I possibly have storage for the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I cycle from the Carysfort area of Blackrock and it usually takes me 15-20 minutes. From the Dart Station it's an extra five minutes.

Advertisement