Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bleeker street dublin1

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:31pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

this used to be jim beams on dorset street.

myself and my friend were looking for a coffee shop, that we could sit outside tonight and came across this place.

we didnt have coffee and end up having pints, lovely bar under new ownership - really nice jazzy music which changed to easy rock as the night went on.

lanterns placed on the outside tables as the night as it got dark.

appears to have good fresh brewed coffee but we stuck to nice pints of heino for 4.50 each

lovely, lovely bar, we will definitely be back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Yeah, it looks very nice. I cycle past everyday...ordinarily I wouldn't stop on Dorset St. but I will to give this a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Its alright. The breakfast is good, only 6.50 and the price of the drink is very good, one of the cheapest on the street. I hope it lasts, its nice to have something different in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Looks alright, might suffer from confusing the locals though..."is it a boozer of a cafe?"

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Was in there for brunch today, cool decor and great grub at very reasonable prices. Free refills on tea and coffee too!
    Was great to sit back and relax watching the Golf on the tele, staff seemed very easy going and didn't seem to mind us taking our time going through the papers!
    Would be interested to see what it's like at night, saw a Brazilian night advertised, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Any Google Street View pictures of the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭thebullkf

did you try google:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Yea its pretty cool, Cafe Aurora is also a fairly decent bar. There are normally doctors in it and I love a good doctor.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Yea its pretty cool, Cafe Aurora is also a fairly decent bar. There are normally doctors in it and I love a good doctor.

The Findlater is a place to go if you want a doctor ;)

When Google were going about in the car it was known as ''Jim Beams''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Dancor wrote: »
    The Findlater is a place to go if you want a doctor ;)

A doctor as in dirty scumbag.

Lux23 wrote: »
    A doctor as in dirty scumbag.

No, seriously. Friday nights are usually a guarentee. Its where I ofton see the Mater doctors. The customers aint ruff in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Hey. Tried this place for the first time today - just as well I got in just before the lunch rush because it filled up very quickly.
    Menu is very reasonably priced, and terrific service. I'll be back.

Advertisement