Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling 1st year med books?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Hey, heading into first year med in Trinity and looking for the books at the mo. Anyone have theres from first year and want to sell them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

The Biosoc (Trinity's medical society) will be holding a booksale in the first week of October. There's very little point in buying books before you start as (a) there are loads of the recommended texts available in the libraries and (b) there's no point spending loads of money on books without knowing whether they actually suit your style of learning or not. In the modern era, the internet is the best textbook out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Just a follow on from the message I sent you earlier.

See if you can buy texts second hand. I bought a lot of mine for next to nothing and they are identical to the newer editions.
    New editions of Grays and Sherwoods hit the shelves last year and they are no different from the editions I bought two years previously. You could save yourself a lot of money if you are willing to put up with a few annotations here and there.

While I agree with Kwekubo to a certain extent re the internet, it can be quite bewildering, and it can be difficult to decipher the information you require for exams. It is nice at times to have everything you need to know in the one text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just a follow on from the message I sent you earlier.

See if you can buy texts second hand. I bought a lot of mine for next to nothing and they are identical to the newer editions.
    New editions of Grays and Sherwoods hit the shelves last year and they are no different from the editions I bought two years previously. You could save yourself a lot of money if you are willing to put up with a few annotations here and there.

While I agree with Kwekubo to a certain extent re the internet, it can be quite bewildering, and it can be difficult to decipher the information you require for exams. It is nice at times to have everything you need to know in the one text.

Have you sold your first med books mardybumbum? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Have you sold your first med books mardybumbum? :)

Nope.
    And even though I know I will probably never open some of them again I cant bring myself to sell them.
    If money gets very tight I might sell a few of them. :)

Advertisement