Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations Dlofnep

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

I will now send My unsubscribe message to boards email adress to do so.

hello@boards.ie

You poison evey forum and thread You enter and make a nonsense of Mods being impartial,Which is a pity because the Mods of A&S actually know how to do their job..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you have an issue with something - use the Report Post button. Best let the mods deal with it rather than start a thread about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

have to agree with hill billy, if you have prob report it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

What is going on here.

I was the one that closed the conspiracy theory related thread entitled "moon landing conspiracy theory"

Allow me to reiterate this Forum's Charter with particular relevance to 5
    This charter will outline briefly what is and is not acceptable on this forum and is in addition to the normal Boards.ie rules about trolling, flaming and baiting etc.

1. The topic of this forum is Astronomy and Space and all related Genre before posting check if your post would not be more suited to a different forum.

2. Please refrain from direct personal attacks on any person whether they are members of boards.ie or not.

3. Comment or discussions on the practices or policies of any entity should be accompanied by relevant factual references.

4. Libelous, slanderous or otherwise unjust or untoward proclamations will not be tolerated.

5. Please do not post anything related to conspiracy theory in the forum, there is a dedicated forum for this on boards, a forum ban will be issued for non compliance.

In addition posters may not use this forum to sell commercially or to recruit members on a commercial basis into a fee paying club or website. (Private sellers may post their links in this thread, but all trading must be done off forum.)

Finally if you have an issue or problem with the forum or its moderators please do not post it in the forum you should either make a post in the Admin/Support or PM the relevant moderator or an administrator.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

UPDATE:

As regards to 5.

Temporary warning bans for first offenders will be issued to those who deliberately persist on posting material that relates to Conspiracy theories

Repeat offenders will just get a permanent ban without notice.

Please. No more hyjacking threads for this purpose.

If you want to discuss such, Go to the Conspiracy Theories Section. And abide by its Charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭whynotdo

slade_x wrote: »
    What is going on here.

I was the one that closed the conspiracy theory related thread entitled "moon landing conspiracy theory"

Allow me to reiterate this Forum's Charter with particular relevance to 5

To understand what is going on here this post that was moved to the recycle bin would have to be read:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056013075

fifilure posts seldom here but always in good faith/humour.
    Dlofnep back seat modded and i guess reported the post.
    Disappointed that Redshift actually thanked this back seat modding.
    As for Me ynotdu once a sour note has entered this forum,Why bother?
    When i was new to boards i got a yellow card for backseat modding.

both Redshift and slade-x were modding the forum just fine since first time i saw it.

This is a once only post by whynotdo as i have scrambled my password on username ynotdu to something i cannot remember.

Boards have been in touch to confirm that ynotdu will shortly have something to the effect of unregistered user under ynotdu.

To suggest that i would post a Moon hoax theory is laughable given My other posts on A&S.

Since the rules are report a post which is something i would never do,then if You don't like the rules it is time to leave the field.
    that is what i am doing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

whynotdo wrote: »
    To understand what is going on here this post that was moved to the recycle bin would have to be read:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056013075

fifilure posts seldom here but always in good faith/humour.
    Dlofnep back seat modded and i guess reported the post.
    Disappointed that Redshift actually thanked this back seat modding.
    As for Me ynotdu once a sour note has entered this forum,Why bother?
    When i was new to boards i got a yellow card for backseat modding.

both Redshift and slade-x were modding the forum just fine since first time i saw it.

This is a once only post by whynotdo as i have scrambled my password on username ynotdu to something i cannot remember.

Boards have been in touch to confirm that ynotdu will shortly have something to the effect of unregistered user under ynotdu.

To suggest that i would post a Moon hoax theory is laughable given My other posts on A&S.

Since the rules are report a post which is something i would never do,then if You don't like the rules it is time to leave the field.
    that is what i am doing.

Thats an unfortunate outcome. No one suggested that you would post a moon hoax theory. And good faith/ humour is always welcome and appreciated here. The intent of the original thread starter is not in question here. it is simply the subject of a much debated conspiracy theory. for which there is a dedicated forum for a very very good reason.

This is why i saw fit to update Redshift's drafted forum charter as i did in light of previous occurences here

Also i feel this is not the place for a thread like this. there are others ways of voicing your concern, of which are listed in the thread charter. Persisting under the same forum and unsubscribing seems to be an extreme reaction of a previously unsettled issue.

At present, to me its seems to have been blown out of porportion for reasons i am unclear of. Since i feel it is not correct protocol to debate this here i will close this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement