Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees question.

Options
  • 26-08-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, quick question.

Heading into final year this year, and have a question about fees. Every other year I've paid them in full before term started so never had an issue with them before. This time for various reasons i can't afford it. I know you can pay half this semester and half next, which is what I'm going to do. But I'm not going to have enough to pay the first half until at least the week after term starts. Is this ok?? Or are there penalties for doing this? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

From the UCD website

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fee_payment_dates.htm

Consequences of incomplete/delayed payment
    ID Card
    You must pay at least the first instalment of your fees, as noted above, to get your ID card or, if you have one already, have it re-validated. You will not have access to the library without a valid ID card
    Access to exam results will be blocked
    Final year students will not be permitted to graduate until full fees and, where applicable, fines have been paid
    Continuing students will not be progressed to the following year of their programme
    Access to transcripts etc. will be blocked (with the exception of the certificate of attendance)

If you are only going to be a week late talk to your programme office.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I put the first payment into my fees last year sometime at the end of October, but that just means you won't have access to the library because you wont have a valid student card. It was fine for me but as mentioned above, it's probably best to speak to your programme office just to double check

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Ok, thanks for your replies.

I'll give ucd a call then and explain it to them just to be safe! I'm sure I'll live without the library for the first week of term :p

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Sorry for posting another question on this thread

Does anyone else's fees say that they owe Tuition fees aswel as registration fees. My fees now add up to €7500. I'm an undergrad, not repeating and entitled to free fees. Think there may just be a problem with the system.

Anyone know who to contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ok, thanks for your replies.

I'll give ucd a call then and explain it to them just to be safe! I'm sure I'll live without the library for the first week of term :p

But you will still have your student card so you can get into the library anyway?

You will have a few days grace to pay the fees I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

cozzie55 wrote: »
    Sorry for posting another question on this thread

Does anyone else's fees say that they owe Tuition fees aswel as registration fees. My fees now add up to €7500. I'm an undergrad, not repeating and entitled to free fees. Think there may just be a problem with the system.

Anyone know who to contact?

Happened me last year, it just took a few days before the free fees were applied. It then came up with HEA free fees funding for the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

kateos2 wrote: »
    Happened me last year, it just took a few days before the free fees were applied. It then came up with HEA free fees funding for the amount.

Thanks

Its been like this for the past two weeks. I'm in no rush to pay till 2nd or 3rd week of college anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

cozzie55 wrote: »
    Thanks

Its been like this for the past two weeks. I'm in no rush to pay till 2nd or 3rd week of college anyway

Email fees@ucd.ie and give you student number and say you are eligible for free fees. Will be sorted then after a bit.

Advertisement