Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Developing public speaking and leadership skills

Options
  • 26-08-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm plugging two local clubs in Sligo which are starting up again after the summer:

Toastmasters is a worldwide non-profit organisation dedicated to developing leadership and public speaking skills for its members. The club helps all levels of public speaking - from experienced orators who what to hone their skills, to people who have real difficulty speaking in front of people. Above all else, it's a bit of craic.

There are two clubs in Sligo - Sligo Toastmasters and Innisfree Toastmasters. The clubs are starting up again in September, after taking a break for the summer.

Sligo Toastmasters meets in the Tower Hotel on the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month at 8.30pm.

Innisfree Toastmasters meets in the City Hotel on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 8:30PM

There's a pile more information at www.toastmasters.org and at www.d71.org

If you are interested, simply come along to a meeting, or PM me for more information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Spamtastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

It was actually allowed to be posted as he asked for permission before hand. It wasn't me who authorised it, I felt a bit uneasy about allowing it but as it was strictly not for profit it was allowed.

I'm sure it'd be interesting and useful to avail of, but I for one won't be here to go to it.
    Best of luck with it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Spamtastic stuff.

Hmmm... Hardly spam considering it's about two local non-profit clubs in Sligo, posted on the Sligo forum. In any case, if you've got an issue, it's easy to report a post.

What, are you looking to be a moderator or something? :D

Advertisement