Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstar 3900 Power Output

Options
  • 26-08-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi all, I got a linear amp today for my CB to give it the extra boost in power for DX'ing. But unfortunately I do not know how many watts my CB is putting out, its a superstar 3900 manufactured in 1998, any help would be much appreciated. 73's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

That's illegal. Totally.

The CE approved Superstar does 1W AM and 4W FM or SSB. Some illegal mods or imports are 2W and 8W (even if they claim 16W).

Apart from illegal, almost none of those CB Linears have filters so the TX output splatters all over other radio bands. Including but not limited to 17MHz, 18MHz (HF Broadcast and Amateur), 55Mhz, 80MHz to 82MHz (Mobile), 91 to 93MHz, 106 to 108MHz (FM Radio), Marine Band 162MHz ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

OP, discussion of any illegal is against the charter. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement