Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progression/grant

Options
  • 26-08-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

HI,

I just completed a FETAC level 6 and have received an offer for a level 7 course in an IT. Can anybody tell me if I'll get the grant for the level 7??? I've heard that having a level 6 might mean i'll only be entitled to a grant for the third year of the level 7!! :eek: I've looked all over the net but I can't seem to find any clarification of this!!! I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone who knows or has been in a similar situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Im in the same situation been looking all over the internet for information about this I cant really find much :( I never knew that if I have a fetac level 6 that I might not be eligible for a grant for a level 7 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AuntMarge

Does anybody know??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

I think but aint sure that if you are entitled to a grant you get it for the duration of the course as long as you are moving up a level. Contact your local Citizens Information and they will clarify it for you or the County Council Grants section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AuntMarge

Thanks, I'll do that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You should be entitled to a grant if you're progressing up the framework.
    Contact your local Citizens Information and they will clarify it for you or the County Council Grants section.

Or try your local VEC office, they should know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

AuntMarge wrote: »
    HI,

I just completed a FETAC level 6 and have received an offer for a level 7 course in an IT. Can anybody tell me if I'll get the grant for the level 7??? I've heard that having a level 6 might mean i'll only be entitled to a grant for the third year of the level 7!! :eek: I've looked all over the net but I can't seem to find any clarification of this!!! I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone who knows or has been in a similar situation.

You should be able to get the grant, the FETAC level 6 and Higher Cert level 6 are both different. Since you are doing into a ordinary degree you should be able to receive the grant no problem from year one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AislingB

You should qualify as it shows you are progressing in your education.

If you were to repeat a year you wouldnt get it.

Advertisement