Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1B Premium Processing

Options
  • 27-08-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm an Irish citizen looking to move to the US on a H1B (I'm a vet) and I've a few interviews coming up stateside in the next few weeks. A lot of the clinics I'm applying to are looking to hire ASAP, and I understand that the H1B can take 3-6 months to process, but I have read in a few places that if your employer coughs up a thousand US dollars and fills out an extra form that they can premium process it in 2 weeks. Of course, I'd be willing to reimburse them for that expense, but my big question is, has anyone else heard of this premium processing, and how reliable is it?

Cheers for your help!
    E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Yeah that's right, it cuts the time from 4 months or so to 2 weeks. HOWEVER, it is illegal for employees to pay for it, either through cash, held back wages, overtime whatever. If you pay for it, you are putting yourself and the company in jeopardy. But, I mean, if they're a big enough company, and willing to pay $3,000 in the first place to sponsor you a H1B, an extra $1,000 to get your working sooner shouldn't bother them!

Advertisement