Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs

Options
  • 27-08-2010 12:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

what makes a good one?

How do you choose yours?

Is it just location? surely more to it than that, clientele are important, ambience, decoration, atmosphere, facilities, drinks etc etc

what factors come into it for you?

I think a lot of the threads in this forum lately seem to be ladies asking the lads for advice about this or that and although I'm fine with that and am glad those threads are allowed to stand here, too many of them tend to bore me ****less so let's discuss the good old-fashioned Irish pub. I don't really come to tgc to read seventeen magazine. I hope this thread doesn't offend some sensitive soul and they don't come in here and find some way to suggest it is offensive or dangerous to women/blacks/puppies/insert minority here in some way leading a fearful moderator to lock.............all I am asking about is what makes a good pub.

Personally I find a lot of Irish pubs quite discriminatory unlike those on the continent i.e. a particular age-group or social background is prevalent in a particular pub. I am just back from Malta and was delighted to see the mix in many bars there, old and young and differing nationalities/social statuses etc all mixing happily and unselfconsciously together, 'twas refreshing and great to see.
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement