Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Playstation1 type controller wanted

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Windows 7 Playstation1 type controller wanted.

[RANT]
    Windows 7 is good, but I hate the f**king device signing. The bastads at MS want money, and some of the smaller companies can't pay MS the fees, so they can't have their drivers signed.

Case in point, the PSX-USB adaptor. Handy piece of kit, allowing me to connect a Playstation 1 controller to my PC. Worked with WinXP 64bit but not with Windows f**king 7 64bit.
    [/RANT]

So now, I need a controller that plugs into the PC via USB, and which is the exact same shape as a Playstation1 controller, for playing Tony Hawk games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I got one in GameStop for like €15. I presume they still sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I know its not a PS1 controller Type...but the Wired 360 joypad is the way for PC's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I know its not a PS1 controller Type...but the Wired 360 joypad is the way for PC's :D

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

€4.99 in Currys

Have a few of them, Remind me tomorrow in work and I'll drop you up one...

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

You can use a ps3 controller with the usb cord. Google it, theres a patch you can download. The analogue sticks even work too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Always found the 360 controllers too... small.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,312 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

360 controllers are at least as big if not bigger than ps1 controllers surely.

Only thing I dont like about the 360 controller is games that dont support it (as a gamepad; not a joystick) dont recognize the triggers.

Theres a variety of USB to Console-port adapters available:... and knock-off USB Dualshocks, sure

http://www.buy.com/prod/usb-gamepad-double-dual-shock-joypad-controller-for-pc/q/listingid/63280230/loc/101/213271993.html

http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Playstation-Controller-Adapter-Converter-3/dp/B001MW6Z9K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If the problem is that you just can't get signed drivers you can turn off Windows enforcement of signed drivers. Can't remember how to do it off the top of my head but it is doable.

No. Will come up with teh same problem.
    Stephen wrote: »
    If the problem is that you just can't get signed drivers you can turn off Windows enforcement of signed drivers. Can't remember how to do it off the top of my head but it is doable.
    Yes, but having to select the Test option when booting Windows every time is tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Probably get one of those witht he next paycheck. Looks good, and they accept laser \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My PS2/Ps1 pads work fine without a signed driver. I can attached the driver my Win7 64 is using later when i get home.

Install is as Admin.

the_syco wrote: »
    No. Will come up with teh same problem.

Yes, but having to select the Test option when booting Windows every time is tedious.

Trust me , I own both! (well, let me verify tomorrow its been months since i used it)

Blue one uses standard windows drivers, just plug and play.

Blue one is actually better anyways, Play.com one used to annoy the hell out of me when I was playing pro evo, if you slightly tap a button it wont register!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    My PS2/Ps1 pads work fine without a signed driver. I can attached the driver my Win7 64 is using later when i get home.
    Cool, cheers.
    Trust me , I own both! (well, let me verify tomorrow its been months since i used it)

Blue one uses standard windows drivers, just plug and play.

Blue one is actually better anyways, Play.com one used to annoy the hell out of me when I was playing pro evo, if you slightly tap a button it wont register!
    Oh, don't get me wrong, the device is picked up by Windows, but the controller isn't, and therein lies the problem.

I just have driver signing turned off altogether on win7 64. Makes life so much easier.

Mine installs a HID COMPLIAN GAEM CONTROLLER.

No driver needed or loaded, works fine.

I just have driver signing turned off altogether on win7 64. Makes life so much easier.
    Doing this by way of this guide so hopefully it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I have GAME's €15 controller, works perfectly in 64-bit windows :)

Doing this by way of this guide so hopefully it works.

I followed the guide here:
    http://www.passsy.de/2009/12/26/ps3-controller-on-win7-x64-without-pressing-f8/

and all is well. Very fiddly just to get a controller working.

• Advertisement

I followed the guide here:
    http://www.passsy.de/2009/12/26/ps3-controller-on-win7-x64-without-pressing-f8/

and all is well. Very fiddly just to get a controller working.
    Aye. Doesn't work for me :( Got error:
    :No matching devices found in INF "F:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3\drivers\MijXinput.inf" on the Machine.. Error code:0
    Mine installs a HID COMPLIAN GAEM CONTROLLER.

No driver needed or loaded, works fine.
    Aye. In Device Manager, it sees it as a "HID COMPLIANT GAME CONTROLLER." but it's not seen in Devices and Printers, or in any games :(

Using Windows 64bit. Are you using the same, or the 32bit version?

64 bit ultimate.

Ps1 and 2 pads work perfect in every game.

i have the basic Game USB to ps2/1 connector and my Hori stick s work perfectly too.

64 bit ultimate.

Ps1 and 2 pads work perfect in every game.

i have the basic Game USB to ps2/1 connector and my Hori stick s work perfectly too.
    May I ask what adaptor you are using? I'm using the one made by "play.com". and using a PS1 controller. It seems a lot of the guides are for PS3 controllers. Not sure if the different controller makes a difference, as the adapter can be picked up, but the controller connected to it cannot be :(

May I ask what adaptor you are using? I'm using the one made by "play.com". and using a PS1 controller. It seems a lot of the guides are for PS3 controllers. Not sure if the different controller makes a difference, as the adapter can be picked up, but the controller connected to it cannot be :(

Adapter I linked to earlier, using windows 7 64 bit with Ps2 controller is definitely working, just tried it there

Advertisement