Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy my spirits in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to reduce the cost of my drinking habits and I've come up with a few ideas to help do that.

Instead of getting my own individual drinks, I'm going to buy larger drinks and split the cost with my friends.

I'm looking for the cheapest place in Dublin where I can get 700ml-1ltr bottles of:

Jagermeister
    Vodka (any brand, but preferably Smirnoff/Huzzar)
    Schnapps (any flavour, brand)
    Captain Morgan's
    Jack Daniel's

We're going to stock up a liquor cabinet and split the cost of all drinks evenly.

Thanks for any help.

-MGSman123
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

how the hell are you gonna manage that .. some will drink more than others..

You'd be better off, if everyone just bought and drank their own booze

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

MGSman123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to reduce the cost of my drinking habits and I've come up with a few ideas to help do that.

Instead of getting my own individual drinks, I'm going to buy larger drinks and split the cost with my friends.

I'm looking for the cheapest place in Dublin where I can get 700ml-1ltr bottles of:

Jagermeister
    Vodka (any brand, but preferably Smirnoff/Huzzar)
    Schnapps (any flavour, brand)
    Captain Morgan's
    Jack Daniel's

We're going to stock up a liquor cabinet and split the cost of all drinks evenly.

Thanks for any help.

-MGSman123
    Or option 2. Drink less.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MGSman123

pa990 wrote: »
    how the hell are you gonna manage that .. some will drink more than others..

You'd be better off, if everyone just bought and drank their own booze

Well, everyone's only entitled to a certain amount of shots from each one.
    kenmc wrote: »
    Or option 2. Drink less.

This is literally just stocking up. It's not all going to be consumed at once. Probably over a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

MGSman123 wrote: »
    Well, everyone's only entitled to a certain amount of shots from each one.

completely unenforceable

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

the only way it will work is if you buy a special spirit dispenser, that each person has to put in a secret password/ code, and can only use that password/ code until their shots have been used up.
    this is the only way it will work................end of :pac:

ok, i'm off the dragon's den..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Lads, answer the man. He doesn't want to hear how it won't work or anything like that. Just the cheapest place to buy them. I personally would like to know as well with EP next week and all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lads, answer the man. He doesn't want to hear how it won't work or anything like that. Just the cheapest place to buy them. I personally would like to know as well with EP next week and all.
    I don't think price varies a huge amount on branded spirits. Go to the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

The price variation would be cents. You'd spend more on petrol driving around looking for a better price. Basically go to your local Tescos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

Simple solution, buy a funnel and pour an equal amount into each of your friends naggins. Problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Dublin Airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Jev/N wrote: »
    Dublin Airport

Not likely ... you do get some bargains but other stuff is much dearer than your local offie ... :confused:

Unless you want to do a round trip to the states ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Unless you want to do a round trip to the states ;)
    Yes, but you could feasibly go to some other country. I was at a stag in germany and on the way back I picked up 6 or 7litre bottles of rum and cachaca in the airport in germany, I was paying duty but it was still €11 for a litre of bacardi oro.

This Irish shop has a 700ml of it for €22
    http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/product/3660/BACARDI-ORO-700ML/

Say I got 6 litres, it would be €66, which would have only got 2.1L here for the same price, or €188 for the same 6L -which would more than cover my flight costs. Though I would be looking in supermarkets here for cheaper options.

A gang of lads could go on a booze "flight" though, there might be better countries to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, but you could feasibly go to some other country. I was at a stag in germany and on the way back I picked up 6 or 7litre bottles of rum and cachaca in the airport in germany, I was paying duty but it was still €11 for a litre of bacardi oro.

This Irish shop has a 700ml of it for €22
    http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/product/3660/BACARDI-ORO-700ML/

Say I got 6 litres, it would be €66, which would have only got 2.1L here for the same price, or €188 for the same 6L -which would more than cover my flight costs. Though I would be looking in supermarkets here for cheaper options.

A gang of lads could go on a booze "flight" though, there might be better countries to pick.

True that would be one way if your heading some where anyway. On the way back from Amsterdam the Missus got 2 liters of Absolute for €26 700ml is €19.99 here :eek:

WHat the OP needs to do is to be on the look out for deals ... you often see leading brand names on special ...

O'Briens has good deals regularly sign up for their mail shot.

Currently
    Finlandia Vodka €16.99
    Bacardi Rum €15.99
    Captain Morgan €19.99

Advertisement