Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever bully somebody?

• 27-08-2010 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Why?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No.

'cause I didn't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Yes.

Cause I was a cúnt.

We're best friends now, funny how it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 banjo.splunker

no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I still bully people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I bullied sheeps because I'm a brendog...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No.

Now give me your lunch money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Yep
    Don't know why. Not proud of it and didn't really think it was bullying at the time. It's when you look back and think about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Shut the fúck up OP or ill wreck ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, 'cos I'm not an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Sure did.

You can beat a bit o' bully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I wonder how you came up with the idea for this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056012521

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Not directly but I didn't stop a friend of mine from bullying a girl in primary school. She tormented her & I still feel really bad I didn't do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If you consider bullying as a slow mental torturing of another person, drawn out over a long time period, in such a subtle way as to be barely noticable, yet to such an effect that it is ultimately undermining, then, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

If you consider bullying as a slow mental torturing of another person, drawn out over a long time period, in such a subtle way as to be barely noticable, yet to such an effect that it is ultimately undermining, then, no.

Job description for a teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Yes I did. Not proud of it, didn't do it for long but still think about it the odd time.. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never, ever!

I may be a lot of things but a bully I aint....and never was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Job description for a teacher

Where did you get that idea from? Are you talking about one teacher in particular, or teachers in general?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope, nor was bullied either. Lucky on both counts.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cooltown wrote: »
    Why?

TO be honest i think i did, i was a timid young kid starting school, didn't really fathom where i was, and got some **** of other kids....then a few summers later had a pretty rediculous growth spurt, and came back to school a quite a big f**er!!! Bullying never happened to me again, but made a few kids life miserable. hate it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Sykk wrote: »
    Yes I did. Not proud of it, didn't do it for long but still think about it the odd time.. Meh.

Nice that you show such indifference to your actions which are pretty dispicable. I wonder to the poor victims feel such indifference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Feeona wrote: »
    Where did you get that idea from? Are you talking about one teacher in particular, or teachers in general?

And so it starts...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Never. I was bullied myself as i was a small wirey kid. It was terrible, I got my ass kicked more times than I can remember. Funnily enough, i grew up to be a big bloke and as a result I'm now always looking out for the small guy.

I've intervened a few times where I've seen someone being pushed around. It broke my heart one day to see a bunch of fellas around 16 picking on one of their "friends" who was pretending to not be bothered by being pushed around but was only trying to fit in.
    I asked the "leader" if he wanted to impress the girls that were watching him, that he could pick on me. I called him a pussy and a coward. He turned
    and walked away.
    I met a few lads that used to pick o me, that I considered friends in the last few years who didn't recognise me as I ended up twice the size of most of them.

Bullying, especially among adults is the lowest of the low in my book, to get ahead by crushing vulnerable people is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No, I don't do things to others that I wouldn't like done to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

No, because I dont care enough to make an effort to give someone else a hard time over what amounts to nothing.

Having said that I wouldnt allow someone else to be victimised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Cianos wrote: »
    And so it starts...

Do you think I shouldn't have questioned the statement? I don't believe the statement, and fear there's a public attitude that teachers can be run down without having to back up such allegations.

Silence and fear are the bully's most important allies. I will not be cowed into accepting that teachers should be talked about in such a manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ya...... but only because she bullied me first :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I'm not sure. I never picked on anyone in primary school and nobody picked on me. It was all fairly decent. In secondary I tormented a lad in my class one day but it got too much for him and he broke down in tears. I really liked him and it was just messing but he cracked. I apologised to him and never did anything like that again.
    There were one or two lads in the class who always got the slags but they took it well. There was one bully in the class who stayed back a year and so was in my class and he used to push his weight around but once we got into secondary school and got a little bigger, he took a few hidings and that was the end of his bullying career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I was a bit of a **** towards a few people back in the day but luckily I grew out of it at around 15 years of age.
    In hind sight, I'd say it was probably a case of transference: clicky, which basically means you act like the people who got the better of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Never, ever, ever. Bullying is disgusting.

I was in Tesco recently. I witnessed a young shelf stacker tormenting a fellow worker who I have figured out over the years is special needs. He was teasing this poor man who was not making any response, but was visibly getting upset by the teasing. I stood beside them, the young guy remarked to me that they were both having a "bit of fun at work". I said "This doesn't look like fun to me. He's not laughing, and I'm not laughing. You are being a bully, and I am going to report you to management".

It was his turn to go red-faced, it made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 WhollyChao

kelle wrote: »

He was teasing this poor man who was not making any response, but was visibly getting upset by the teasing. I stood beside them, the young guy remarked to me that they were both having a "bit of fun at work". I said "This doesn't look like fun to me. He's not laughing, and I'm not laughing. You are being a bully, and I am going to report you to management".

I find it quite pathetic that nowadays bullies try to shrug off their behaviour by claiming it's all "just a bit of fun", it's just a "bit of banter", etc. Not for the people on the recieving end for the most part. I guess telling everyone that makes it easier for them to go to sleep at night and justify their actions to their conscience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No

I remember there was this one girl at school who pretty much everyone in the class made fun of on a daily basis. They were horrible towards her really, I don't know how she managed to get up every morning to face that. It was disgusting.. Having said that, I never tried to stand up for her, nor did anyone else.. which in hindsight is just as bad as doing the bullying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I dont know if this counts as bullying but I used to give this kid in my class awful abuse on the school bus for eating egg sandwiches beside me. I used to get sick at the smell of them. I think he sat beside me just to p!ss me off. I remember it got too much that I kicked him around the place and gave him a tirrade of abuse. Think we were only about 8 at the time. Maybe you could say he bullied me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yes, and I am now extremely overweight and work in a shop

Also I lost an arm in a shark attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Was bullied from 1st class to 4th class... In 5th class the bully wanted to fight, i won.. We became best friends xD now going into 6th year i kinda bully people if they annoy me :D nothing to hurtful ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I bully my sisters, they hate me now lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

I detest bullies. I remember way back I went to the assistance of a small boy being bullied by a very big girl. Well she took me on and I lost some of my hair & got scratches on my face. I told her I was going for a tetanus shot and legged it. These times are much calmer and I am well protected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No never. As a kid, I never had any interest in being the alpha male type who wanted to be the centre of attention, or the loudest voice in the group. I always found kids like these were always most likely to be bullying others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I used to be bullied until I beat the **** out of the fella who was doing it. He wasn't so tough the day his mates were off on a school tour.

Devil08 wrote: »
    I dont know if this counts as bullying but I used to give this kid in my class awful abuse on the school bus for eating egg sandwiches beside me. I used to get sick at the smell of them. I think he sat beside me just to p!ss me off. I remember it got too much that I kicked him around the place and gave him a tirrade of abuse. Think we were only about 8 at the time. Maybe you could say he bullied me...

I would say you bullied him, he ate egg sandwiches, you kicked the shít out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

I love the phrase that seems to excuse anything.
    Sure we're only havin' a laugh

Told off some lads who were throwing glass bottles across the road at their 'Friends'. Guess what they said? :D.

Theres plenty of distasteful people on boards who no doubt were bullies in their day. I remember the bulk of the posters in a thread (a lot of regular recognisable names rather then 5 post Anto's using textspeak) who thought I was some kind of freak because I didn't think the OP's story was a great laugh about how he pulled up alongside a lone female in the car and his mate threw a Milkshake in her open window on top of her. Sure weren't they only having a laugh and did I never do anything like that as a youngfella?? Eh, No, I didn't because I am not a prick! :D

• Advertisement

Could you link to that thread, because tbh, it doesn't sound like many people around here would have laughed at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Could you link to that thread, because tbh, it doesn't sound like many people around here would have laughed at that.

Well now colour me confused!! :) I found the thread in the archives and its from 2003 and everyone rails against the OP and I didn't post in it at all!!

The only thing I can think of was that it was another thread by the banned OP where I brought up his previous thread but because at that stage everyone but me it seems knew he was a troll, the regular posters pretended to side with him for the lulz in an AH stylee :D Eh, it was a long time ago :o

Ignore my previous post so :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

kelle wrote: »
    Never, ever, ever. Bullying is disgusting.

I was in Tesco recently. I witnessed a young shelf stacker tormenting a fellow worker who I have figured out over the years is special needs. He was teasing this poor man who was not making any response, but was visibly getting upset by the teasing. I stood beside them, the young guy remarked to me that they were both having a "bit of fun at work". I said "This doesn't look like fun to me. He's not laughing, and I'm not laughing. You are being a bully, and I am going to report you to management".

It was his turn to go red-faced, it made my day.

rats out.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Unfortunately yes. Gave the guy a terrible time and I am a total W anker for the c rap I caused this guy. I was not the worst but any type of Bullying behavior should not be tolerated.

Young and stupid and you just don't realize the Harm Bullying of any kind can do to a Person.

Karma got me back though so even Steven's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

pmcmahon wrote: »
    rats out.

OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭HorsesNHarleys

I got a call from my daughter's school one day telling me to come pick her up because she had got in a fight. I got to the school and went to the Principal's office where they had my daughter. The Principal told me that my daughter had gotten in a fight with three boys. My daughter was sitting there and I turned to her and asked what happened. She explained she was walking from one of her classes and saw a group of boys who had grabbed another boys jacket from him and were pushing him around. The boy who they grabbed the jacket from had down's syndrome. My daughter was furious when she saw this and jumped in there grabbed jacket and just started swinging. One boy got a bloody nose, one a bruise to his face, I can't remember what happened to the third.

I sat there in utter disbelief that they were going to suspend my daughter for defending this young man. The Principal said they didn't have a choice because the rules stated that anyone involved in a fight automatically gets suspended for 3 days, regardless of the circumstances. I told the Principal he was a mindless twit and that he did in fact have a choice, he was just making the wrong one and thank God my daughter knew the right one. I also told him I was going to choose to spend the next three days with my daughter rewarding her for her courage and doing what was right. I was so damn proud of my daughter. I made sure she had lots of fun for those 3 days of suspension.:)

Interestingly nobody picked on the boy again.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Never have, never would.

I despise bullying. Its a serious character flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Never bullied anyone, was usually the person who tried to stop someone being bullied and got a few slaps for my troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭el oh el

we had a bully in our school who was one year above us, when he failed final year he was put into our class the next year and on the first day he thought he could bully us like he used to bully his old class, but we put a stop to that within hours and after we bullied him for some time he turned out rather nice in the end and we stopped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I've bullied and been bullied. It's unfortunate but it's a part of human nature. It sorts the weak from the strong, meaning the strong will stand up for themselves before submitting. The weak will be bullied for the rest of their lives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement