Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever bully somebody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Never, bullying is a disgusting thing to do.

When I was about 12 or so this absolute **** who was in my class started bullying me. It went on for 6 months or so and it was horrendous. Thank God it ended when it did.

demonspawn wrote: »
    I've bullied and been bullied. It's unfortunate but it's a part of human nature. It sorts the weak from the strong, meaning the strong will stand up for themselves before submitting. The weak will be bullied for the rest of their lives.

Generalise much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

kev9100 wrote: »
    Never, bullying is a disgusting thing to do.

When I was about 12 or so this absolute **** who was in my class started bullying me. It went on for 6 months or so and it was horrendous. Thank God it ended when it did.

Did you learn to stand up for yourself? After 6 months I doubt it. Do you get bullied much at work?

I had a bully too. He constantly tried starting fights with me but I just ignored him. One day we were running around the football field. He and a few of his mates ran up to me, the bully punched me in the face. I flipped out and started swinging like a maniac. I broke his nose and gave him two black eyes. We became friends after that and bullied others together. Such is the way of life my friend.

Did you learn to stand up for yourself? After 6 months I doubt it. Do you get bullied much at work?

I'm a student and no, I have never been bullied since. And yes, I did stand up for myself.

kev9100 wrote: »
    I'm a student and no, I have never been bullied since. And yes, I did stand up for myself.

Good for you. Maybe if we taught our kids to not be such cowards we wouldn't have problems with bullies, in childhood and in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Yes absolutely, but only those who posted repetitive threads on popular internet forums.
    Used to get some serious lunch money off these wasters.
    phasers wrote: »
    Yes, and I am now extremely overweight and work in a shop

Also I lost an arm in a shark attack.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Good for you. Maybe if we taught our kids to not be such cowards we wouldn't have problems with bullies, in childhood and in the real world.
    And you are the reason bullies still bully people.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    And you are the reason bullies still bully people.

No, I'm the reason my mates in school didn't get bullied. I was 6 ft. by the time I was 12 and I was the biggest nerd you will ever meet. I was in 2 "gifted" programs in school, one for humanities and English, reading etc. and one for sciences. All my best friends were nerds.

Because I actually stood up for myself and beat that kid silly, all the other bullies in that school left me and my friends alone. I became popular with the "in" crowd because they didn't see me as a nerd anymore. I ended up failing out of the gifted classes and joined the football (American) team. I grew up in the States btw.

Don't for one second think that you know anything about my life.

No, I'm the reason my mates in school didn't get bullied. I was 6 ft. by the time I was 12 and I was the biggest nerd you will ever meet. I was in 2 "gifted" programs in school, one for humanities and English, reading etc. and one for sciences. All my best friends were nerds.

Because I actually stood up for myself and beat that kid silly, all the other bullies in that school left me and my friends alone. I became popular with the "in" crowd because they didn't see me as a nerd anymore. I ended up failing out of the gifted classes and joined the football (American) team. I grew up in the States btw.

So you turned from a nerd to bully?

Still makes you a bully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Give it a rest demonspawn, I doubt anyones impressed.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    So you turned from a nerd to bully?

Still makes you a bully.

Yup, and I freely admit that fact. In case you were not aware this is a dog eat dog world.

Ever heard the expression "The meek shall inherit the Earth."? Yeah, well it's bulls**t. The meek inherit nothing. If you can't stand up for yourself then you can't stand up for anyone which makes you a useless human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Sounds like a crap film tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You come across as a very ignorant and ruthless individual with little time for empathy or consideration for others. Bullies should never be tolerated.

Rubik. wrote: »
    Give it a rest demonspawn, I doubt anyones impressed.

Who the **** says I'm trying to impress anyone? I'm very comfortable with myself and don't really give a toss what you or anyone else thinks of me.

Posters here decided that they somehow knew me by reading a couple of posts, I was simply educating them. Now go crawl back under your rock.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    You come across as a very ignorant and ruthless individual with little time for empathy or consideration for others. Bullies should never be tolerated.

ROFL Funny you should say that. My nickname when I was younger was "Ruthless Marcus". lol

Actually, I have a lot of consideration and empathy for others. I'm a lot older than I was when I was a kid. Funny how we change and grow as human beings, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Yup, and I freely admit that fact. In case you were not aware this is a dog eat dog world.

Ever heard the expression "The meek shall inherit the Earth."? Yeah, well it's bulls**t. The meek inherit nothing. If you can't stand up for yourself then you can't stand up for anyone which makes you a useless human being.

Just because you had a hard time and fought back, doesn't mean its suddenly ok for you to treat others badly to teach them to stand up for themselves or whatever it is you're trying to do. Not everyone can stand up for themselves as easily as someone who was 6 foot by 12 years old. Why would you become a bully?

Seriously, read the thread about people's experiences being bullied, surely you can't think it's as simple as 'it's a dog eat dog world.' Wait, actually iit's far simpler. Some people are horrible to others, and nothing makes that ok.

In what way do you bully people? I just can't see any logic to treating people badly. Do you place less value on people who won't stand up to you? You, who recognises yourself as physically imposing?

I just don't get it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Now go crawl back under your rock.

An internet warrior as well, lol. Have a nice day now,

Just because you had a hard time and fought back, doesn't mean its suddenly ok for you to treat others badly to teach them to stand up for themselves or whatever it is you're trying to do. Not everyone can stand up for themselves as easily as someone who was 6 foot by 12 years old. Why would you become a bully?

Because I was 12 years old and a f**king idiot, regardless of my I.Q.

In what way do you bully people? I just can't see any logic to treating people badly. Do you place less value on people who won't stand up to you? You, who recognises yourself as physically imposing?

I just don't get it at all.

I don't. I'm 30 years old now. :( I still believe bullying is simply human nature and is used to separate the weak from the strong. Just look at how lions bully hyenas in the wild, we're not much different.

Edit: And thank you for not jumping to conclusions like some other asshats on this thread.

Jennifer Sydney Lazarus

A young hoodlum who revels in making peoples lives a misery during school years. Happily though, when they grow up they will have nothing more to look forward to than getting anally penetrated every day by fellow prisoners in the shower, or, by the prison wardens truncheon ;D
    Interesting, who's this, most likely someone on Boards already, bit of a strange one to pick out from the first page if it is indeed a "randomer".

Ok, I get you now. I guess I just wouldn't call the bullies the strong, they're the weak fools preying on the vulnerablities of others to improve their lives. No strength in that.

Fair play for standing up for yourself, and for growing out of being a bully yourself as well.

• Advertisement

Ok, I get you now. I guess I just wouldn't call the bullies the strong, they're the weak fools preying on the vulnerablities of others to improve their lives. No strength in that.

Fair play for standing up for yourself, and for growing out of being a bully yourself as well.

And I would agree with you in an odd sort of way. Bullies are secretly threatened by the people they bully. That's why they do it. They resort to their base animal instincts while others resist the urge to regress. Whether this makes them the strong ones or the weak all depends on your perspective of the human race. I don't see us too much higher than any other animal on this planet. We are the only animals that kill for pleasure and greed.

Edit: The target of my rage was a good looking kid that had lots of girlfriends. I had terribly low self-esteem when I was a kid. I thought I was ugly (still do to some extent) and that this kid was the reason no girls would talk to me. So I picked on him and made him feel terrible, maybe so he would know how I felt every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

We are the only animals that kill for pleasure and greed.

No we are not. Foxes.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    No we are not. Foxes.

Well then f**k the foxes too, sly little bastards. :D

im sure everyone has funny how they cry that you are a woman and not a man what exactly am i supposed to act like? am i supposed to get on two knees and suck you off? i act girly jazz(please dont hurt my ugly ass) only to be called a slut and tramp by collegues. ya just cant win. i guess i cant stick up for myself or say anything and ill just let people call me horrible things and probly end up like pheobe.

One more time in English please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

No, i never bullied anyone, nor would i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭HorsesNHarleys

So in other words, in exchange for classes that would have provided you some knowledge and education that you could use in the future to earn a living, you just sunk as low as the "wanna be never will be badasses" that go around picking on people who appear to be weaker than they themselves are because bullies don't bully people bigger than them, they don't have the guts or gonads to do it. Kudos for you bonehead!!!:rolleyes:

Has it ever crossed your mind that there are some people who physically or even mentally cannot defend themselves, and by your standards they're worthless human beings. How pathetic!!:mad:

What does growing up in the States have anything do with it?

I know a lot of real men that are meek, but in no way are weak, only a fool confuses the two.

So in other words, in exchange for classes that would have provided you some knowledge and education that you could use in the future to earn a living, you just sunk as low as the "wanna be never will be badasses" that go around picking on people who appear to be weaker than they themselves are because bullies don't bully people bigger than them, they don't have the guts or gonads to do it. Kudos for you bonehead!!!:rolleyes:

Yes, I was a teenage bonehead. Congrats mate, you sussed me out! Did you even read any of my posts after that? No, you obviously did not. The trolls are out in force today. :rolleyes:
    What does growing up in the States have anything do with it?

I mentioned I played American football. I didn't want to confuse the simple-minded folks that were trying to assume who I was in earlier posts.
    I know a lot of real men that are meek, but in no way are weak, only a fool confuses the two.

"Turn the other cheek." That's being meek, right? Well I say don't turn the other cheek, knock the ****er out. Maybe he'll think twice about slapping you again, or anyone else for that matter.

Meek: Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭HorsesNHarleys

Yes, I was a teenage bonehead. Congrats mate, you sussed me out! Did you even read any of my posts after that? No, you obviously did not. The trolls are out in force today. :rolleyes:

No actually I did see it, but it wasn't until after I had already posted. So I apologize and am sorry you had it so tough. I don't disagree about defending ones self at all, I just don't agree with becoming just like the person who you hated.

I mentioned I played American football. I didn't want to confuse the simple-minded folks that were trying to assume who I was in earlier posts.

Okay, understand I was just curious.

"Turn the other cheek." That's being meek, right? Well I say don't turn the other cheek, knock the ****er out. Maybe he'll think twice about slapping you again, or anyone else for that matter.

Meek to me is more about quiet and gentle than allowing someone to walk all over you. I'm a firm believer in defending oneself and will never fault someone for that but don't condone or give praise to someone turning into the very thing that hurt them or becoming the aggressor inflicting pain on other innocent people.

Interesting how you call me simple minded.

You are a bully, and you seem like quite an arrogant príck too tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Depends on your definition of bullying to be honest. If you mean passing one or two comments to someone which they could find disheartening and they could see it as being picked on, then virtually everyone had been a bully or been bullied at one stage in their life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Strange. I never viewed bullies as strong individuals. Maybe its a cultural thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sazdestar

A teacher once told me that asking someone for their homework was regarded as bullying so yes I suppose I have on the odd occasion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

When I was in fifth year this girl made some snide comments about me when it was very clear that I was in listening range, there were a few other things like laughing any time I made a mistake during the one class I had with her. She also made a couple of remarks about my group of friends in general.

By the start of 6th year she didn't dare look myself or any of my friends in the eye.

I generally wasn't offended but it pissed me off that she had the gaul to carry on in such a manner. We didn't beat her up or anything it was more, heres a touch of your own medicine but it seemed to affect her more than it ever did us. So I presume you could call what we did bullying because she reacted so badly to it. I've no regrets over it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I wouldn't even know where to start....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Yeah I did I'm sorry to say. Was getting a very hard time off few fellas when I started secondary school.
    I was walking home upset and sorry for myself and noticed this lad I'd seen a few times who was always walking home alone.
    In my mind he was 'even weaker' than me and I caught up with him and verbally put him down and 'shouldered' him a few times until he ran off.
    Done the same next time too:o.
    I just think I turned my anger and frustration cos of my situation onto him.
    I've thought about him a few times over the years and if I met him and he remembered me I'd defo sincerely apologise:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Because I was 12 years old and a f**king idiot, regardless of my I.Q.

I don't. I'm 30 years old now. :( I still believe bullying is simply human nature and is used to separate the weak from the strong. Just look at how lions bully hyenas in the wild, we're not much different.

Edit: And thank you for not jumping to conclusions like some other asshats on this thread.

Hi Demon,

What do you think about bullying in the form of a miscarriage of justice. When I say miscarriage of justice i mean false testimoney and fabricated evidence. Hiding excupatory evidence... This can apply to the workplace or courts. How should the victim react knowing these types of people would try prosecute.

Is that a natural way to seperate the person in a weak circumstance from the person in the strong circumstance.

Would you see non achievers as weak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I was bullied growing up, but I was "different". Its not nice thou, hard to believe girls can be so horrible. Everyone say agh :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Used to get in the odd fight with another child in the estate when I was about 6. I was a real dickhead when I was a child. Got a fair bit of bullying in school because I was an introvert that didn't engage with people.

Wouldn't even consider bullying anybody now, it's incredibly childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Yep. Used to always bully this camp lad in school and use him as a walking gay punch line.

Turns out I'm one that liked man on man action.

Oh well, anger manifests itself in strange ways I guess.

If I ever see him again I'll apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

No i never bullied or was bullied thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Bullying is very subjective.

The only person who could definitively say that he's never bullied anyone is someone who has never said an unkind thing to/about someone.

That said I used to beat people up / get beaten up a lot a lot in school. I'd never pick on the weak though, what would have been the point? The weak are irrelevant.

I was a kid, it had all stopped by the time I was 15/16. You cant let who you were as a child affect who you are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I still believe bullying is simply human nature and is used to separate the weak from the strong. Just look at how lions bully hyenas in the wild

Unfortunately humans have a darkside and it is part of our nature to bully, as is murdering rivals, assault to get our own way, stealing etc these are all dark traits but they are completely unacceptable in the society we have created for ourselves. The rules of the caveman don't apply anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭last name ever. first name greatest

cooltown wrote: »
    Did you ever bully somebody?
    Why?

Yes I did and was.

That was just the way it was in the time and the place.

Having grown up I now hope I know what was wrong and my spawn will learn from the acknowledgement from my errors, I can only hope.

Thats how that kinda sh1t works. I think it is called evolution and learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I was accused of bullying before. It was my misfortune to play a small joke, which the girl herself had played many times beforehand on other people, and she happened to be quite attention-seekive at the time. Luckily, it was only the girls mother and one or two of her friends that believed her :o

Got into quite a bit of trouble from the mother but others who witnessed this 'bullying' stood by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Oh boy. It's quite clear that you went to school in the States. What was that alleged "gifted" program? You could do joined writing before the others could?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

As a child, Albert Einstein had speech difficulties and was picked on at school. He was a devoted pacifist his entire life.

Yeah this guy was a real "useless human being".

Your lame quasi-macho, locker-room bravado doesn't impress anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

noticed this lad I'd seen a few times who was always walking home alone.
    In my mind he was 'even weaker' than me and I caught up with him and verbally put him down and 'shouldered' him a few times until he ran off.
    Done the same next time too

Now THAT'S scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Got bullied a tiny bit in primary school but never bullied anyone. I have a bad temper but hate cruelty of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I was very quiet and small in school but luckily I was never bullied. In the final year of secondary school a girl took a spite at me..I had no idea why at the time. Nothing too serious, just trying to knock me over when she saw me and shouting abuse. I found out years later she had fancied my boyfriend at the time.:rolleyes:

The same year this guy I don't know who was in his twenties started doing the same thing. I don't know to this day what it was all about, but he came up to me one day out of the blue and apologised. Very strange altogether.:confused:

I never bullied anyone, but I did make a girl cry once as a one off. There were 3 of us friends and one of the girls, fiona was going out with a fella about 2 years. This other girl went off with him at the weekend so we questioned her about it for 40 mins in science class on the Monday morning til she started crying.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Never bullied anyone, never been bullied.

• Advertisement
Advertisement