Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just made a new website, can I let people on Boards know about it

Options
  • 27-08-2010 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've just finished building a new website www.hiredhelp.ie where Irish babysitters, gardeners, housekeepers and other domestic workers can advertise their services for free online. I'm been working on it for the last few months and now that the website is out there I'm trying to let people know that it exists.

I was hoping to start answering threads here where people are asking for places to find these kinds of workers. I've read your terms and I saw this rule:
    you may not --
    "post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of commercial publicity"

With this in mind I thought I might need authorization for what I'm doing (it could be defined as commercial publicity) - I was hoping you could allow me to answer some questions on boards - or maybe create one thread where I just introduce the site. I don't want to do anything sneaky or spammy, just something like 'I've released a new website which you might find useful'.

Let me know if any of this is possible, and if so what are the limits of the authorization

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Hi there - please drop a mail to hello@boards.ie with your query, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Advertisement